Perth Nightmare!!!

JaseandAnne

You have experience of a small area, you can't possibly say it's like that everywhere else. My mechanic and garage in Joondalup are AMAZING! I've been here 11 years and can't fault them.

No I didn't say they were bad everywhere, and they aren't all bad here either. they cant be else no one would take their car anywhere! lol.

We arrived in Perth last Thursday, and are just getting around, and trying to get our bearings. I hope we don't have a similar experience! Looking for somewhere to live, Connolly has caught our eyes, and then concentrate on jobs. SEEK seems to offer scope, so fingers crossed.

We arrived in Perth last Thursday, and are just getting around, and trying to get our bearings. I hope we don't have a similar experience! Looking for somewhere to live, Connolly has caught our eyes, and then concentrate on jobs. SEEK seems to offer scope, so fingers crossed.

I've lived in Connolly for 10 years. It's a great suburb, close to everything. You won't go wrong choosing this suburb as your home.

Good luck keep us posted on how things go

Hi JaseandAnne, I am sorry to hear about your experience, most of us have gone through similar experiences, either you are overqualified or under. I think you have discovered the gap in this particular market. If you can afford it then perhaps starting your own

business might work for you, not to mention giving these employers a good healthy competition. Since you have managerial skills then there are lot of other sectors to look into. Doesn't matter if your visa is for mechanic, it doesn't limit you anyway. Just a thought. Please don't be disheartened, something good must be around the corner, nothing stays the same.

Welcome Steely! Hope all goes well for you after your long journey to get here. Keep posting on how you are going please..... Rossy

Glad you are here at long last, pencil yourselves in for the 2017 forum/Moneycorp meet up lol

Welcome to Oz. Im back 20 years also. The job i did in the UK NHS is not here. They are,10\15 yrs behind but think they are in the forefront. It appears its not what you know but who you know. Hubbys trying to get alternate work from FiFO to be home every night. Most are trying to get into FIFO. He has 30 yrs + experience...

Anyone need a HD plant fitter come truck mechanic please contact. Good luck something will turn up. The main thing is your earning

Hi im new to this site so could you please explain what fifo is/means thank you