Floreat ? Shenton college anyone?

pegg

Hey guys loving it here …. but we need to find a base , we love south freo so thats in the running and have email school there….. But also we have came across Floreat , wow what a lovely suberb and the catchment school seems ideal also .

So can any of you guys give us any advice / views on shool or floret ?

Cheers @ali we have sent email to view school and south freo high , hopefully take a look next week ….. exciting times ;o)

Shenton have some good extra curricular stuff - my daughter was helping with the world scholars event (debating) and ended up being an adjudicator for it. She was impressed with the school, teaching and pupils.

Academically Shenton College is one of the best state secondary schools in WA. South Fremantle High, not so much!

But you shouldn't just judge a school on the educational achievements it has. How the school suits your child is much more important, in my view.

Ask to have an appointment with the Principals and be shown around the schools, as you can get a good feel for the school and its ethos this way. You might find that before giving you an appointment, they will ask if you live in their catchment area, but you can always say you are house-hunting and are checking out schools as part of that.

Let us know how you go Pegg.

Shenton College consistently in the top 20 schools beating many of the private schools. Fantastic school, cater for the really bright Uni bound students as well as the others, it would be my choice.

We visited Ocean Reef High School yesterday ….. And everything the deputy head of middle school said was spot on , we were really impressed with the school and the children .

We visited Ocean Reef High School yesterday ….. And everything the deputy head of middle school said was spot on , we were really impressed with the school and the children .

A friend of mine has taught there and said it was one of the better High Schools in that part of the metro area.