money/finance/mortgage question?

pegg

Hi all , hope you are enjoying this winter sun and fabulous sunsets here in WA ;o)

Anyhow , just a question really regarding finance and mortgage's ?

We have been here 3 months i think ….. So once we got here just bought the cheapest and most reliable car we could - However how long do you have to be in country and how many wage slips do you need for car finance ?

Also , same for buying a property really - is it 3 months wage slips to buy?

Any info on both subjects would be fab ;o)

Oh and do we think property here will drop in price over the next year or so ??? Just where we live - house's seem to be selling pretty quick !

Think thats about it ,

Cheers Guys

Hi Pegg.... sorry can't answer your finance questions about months of payslips, but suggest you might check out some of the bank/mortgage broker websites or give them a call. As far as house prices go, I think it depends a lot on the area you are looking to buy into. Prices have dropped slightly in the past year and I don't think overall they have finished falling, but it depends on the area. The suburb I live in is quite popular and houses are often sold within a week or two, but a couple of suburbs further east from me it is a totally different situation and I have seen houses advertised for months before the price goes down yet again and they sell. When it comes time to get a home loan, may I suggest that a Mortgage Broker might get you a better deal than one of the big banks. I wouldn't normally have suggested that, but two friends, and my son too, have recently bought properties and found they got a much better deal by going through a Mortgage Broker.

Be interesting to know how you get on so it helps others in your situation. Rossy:smile:

Hi all , hope you are enjoying this winter sun and fabulous sunsets here in WA ;o)

Anyhow , just a question really regarding finance and mortgage's ?

We have been here 3 months i think ….. So once we got here just bought the cheapest and most reliable car we could - However how long do you have to be in country and how many wage slips do you need for car finance ?

Also , same for buying a property really - is it 3 months wage slips to buy?

Any info on both subjects would be fab ;o)

Oh and do we think property here will drop in price over the next year or so ??? Just where we live - house's seem to be selling pretty quick !

Think thats about it ,

Cheers Guys

It's been a while, but we put an offer in on a house after being here 2 weeks and we moved in 10 weeks later. We got letters from our employers saying that we were being employed on permanent contracts and what the salary we were being paid.

Personally, I don't think in some areas prices will drop - they're likely to increase again at some point. Where I live the prices didn't drop at all really but remained static.

cheers guys , infact we did view a property which for us was just superb - as it gave scope to build above etc ( and when money permits )….. Anyhow we spoke to the estate agents mortgage broker and it was her that said we really need 6 months ideally pay slips etc .

But wow @ali here two weeks and bought a house - that is superb !

I was told 12 weeks pay slips to get a mortgage, I got my 12 pay slip on the Wednesday, had a mortgage offer by Friday lunch and signed up for a house at 9.30 that very same night!

The whole process moves very quickly out here, because we were in a rental and the house we were buying was empty they tried to move our completion date forwards so the whole process was only 2 weeks. We declined as we would still have had to pay rent for 6 weeks.

I can't help with car finance but I'm sure most dealers will bend over backwards to help you borrow money :laugh:

wow that is quick @flatpack !!!

And car dealers - Yes , youre right ;o)

Hello Pegg

There is no set time limit as to how long you have had to have been here and the same goes for employment, it will all depend on your individual circumstances (lenders policies differ to each other).

So for example things like what employment you are in now and what you were doing in the UK, your visa type, your deposit....etc this is what will determine your eligibility primarily at this stage.

To let you know that it is possible to secure a home loan nowadays (subject to other factors) with 1 payslip with a major lender.

We will be happy to have a brief look at your circumstances if you like, we sponsor the PIO and PIA forum and deal with UK expats all of the time.

Regards

Andy

cheers guys , infact we did view a property which for us was just superb - as it gave scope to build above etc ( and when money permits )….. Anyhow we spoke to the estate agents mortgage broker and it was her that said we really need 6 months ideally pay slips etc .

It was at the height of the boom and they were going so quickly - we often say we probably rushed it, but our house has felt like home from the moment we started living in it and we love the area ...so perhaps it was fate

• 3 months later...

Hi Pegg

I have a client that I have got a pre-approval for yesterday. He is casual, with only 2 payslips and a group certificate from last financial year (from the old employer).

With this lender, you will need about 6 % deposit (if you are first home buyer, about 8% if you are not first home buyer), you will need to be a PR and employed in the same position/line of work for over 12 months.

Send us a PM if you want to chat more about it.

Cheers

Sasha