can we claim any tax back ?

pegg

Hi , prob irrelevant post …. but we arrived just befor tax year ended - however , we only started working in next tax year ( fipping ahpra ) .

But in that time we bought a few bits and also a $8000 car .

So obviously we where not earning - so paid no tax , however just wondering if we can claim anyback or is that just lost cause now :o)

No worries either way ….. just if we had a bit back i could buy a new surfboard ;o)

cheers guys

Hi , prob irrelevant post …. but we arrived just befor tax year ended - however , we only started working in next tax year ( fipping ahpra ) .

But in that time we bought a few bits and also a $8000 car .

So obviously we where not earning - so paid no tax , however just wondering if we can claim anyback or is that just lost cause now :o)

No worries either way ….. just if we had a bit back i could buy a new surfboard ;o)

cheers guys

Did you fill in the tax forms to let the UK know you were leaving. I think it's a P85. It's a while since I moved but when I did I was able to claim my tax back in the UK. I moved in August so got a refund of the tax I paid from April to July.

Did you fill in the tax forms to let the UK know you were leaving. I think it's a P85. It's a while since I moved but when I did I was able to claim my tax back in the UK. I moved in August so got a refund of the tax I paid from April to July.

Oo not sure , will ask the other half :o)