Jobs in Perth

Its a struggle for everyone presently new who need a first job and older who want a change. Situation is slim presently. My friends daughter left a job of 3 years for a new job 3 months ago worked one week then laid off ..... grossly unfair ....... apparently they had over estimated demand!!! Shes applied for anything and everything with no luck as yet...................

• 3 weeks later...

WA is in a downturn and jobs, both casual and permanent, in many industries from mining to retail and hospitality, are in short demand. People who have loads of experience in all these fields and who have lived in WA and have contacts in their industries cannot find work, so I am guessing that unless new migrants have serious contacts or a promised job, they are going to have a serious issue finding work.

Sad but true.... just telling it how it is... we are going through a bad economic time in WA right now.

WA is in a downturn and jobs, both casual and permanent, in many industries from mining to retail and hospitality, are in short demand. People who have loads of experience in all these fields and who have lived in WA and have contacts in their industries cannot find work, so I am guessing that unless new migrants have serious contacts or a promised job, they are going to have a serious issue finding work.

Sad but true.... just telling it how it is... we are going through a bad economic time in WA right now.

Crickey! You're a ray of sunshine, nothing like positive thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it's really difficult for newcomers to find work. We've been here just over a year and finally last week DH secured a permanent position.

Yes, deffo expect to work hard to get a job ! took us 2 months to get sorted so used a hell alot of savings to survive ! other half applied for stacks of jobs but nothing came about.

However in shopping mals - alot of job adverts from shops wanting casual workers etc .

Goig casual can be good - as it gives you chance to show how good you are :o)