Help - Furnished Rental Required - Perth

Guest darrens1

Guest darrens1

We are a family of four (2 adults, 2 Children) we have been granted our 136 visa’s and I will be starting work December / January (Welshpool area)

Based on this, our initial migration plans are to fly out 30th November.(Flexible to within a couple of days)

Could anyone advise of any Furnished rental accommodation for this period. ideally with a pool but not essential.

The preferred location would be Canning Vale but would consider similar alternative suburbs, suitable for families.

Any information / recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Darren & Joanne

Hi there,

I did a bit of looking around and came up with one option:

Tea Tree Manor - Perth South - Perth, WA

Expensive (and no pool), but if you stay for longer than a month you can get a discounted rate.....

Is there any reason why you are targeting Canning Vale? It's not close to Welshpool, by any means, so it can't be that. It's nowhere near the beach. Typically it's been seen as an industrial/commercial area by the locals.

Hope you don't mind me being nosy, just curious that's all :) Best of luck finding something suitable.

Regards

Jen :)

Guest darrens1

Tea Tree Manor - Very nice but more than what we wanted to pay on rental

We visited Australia back in May/June and stayed North in Kingsley. An old work colleague moved over 2 years ago and we visited him in Canning vale. We liked the style and houses in that suburb. It also seemed handy to get to places.Welshpool is about 30mins away which I don't think is that far to travel to work. Ideally, yes I would like somewhere close to the beach but have always presume house prices to be higher. Also a major factor will be schooling. If you have any suggestions then please feel free to let me know as the more info i get the more I have to choose from.

Thanks

Darren

Guest The_Foulgers

Hi

We're emigrating out at end of September and looking for some pet friendly short term furnished accomodation (about 3 - 4 weeeks we reckon). We'll be trying to get something unfurnished after that until we've managed to sort out getting a property built.

I've tried loads and loads of sites (thanks Darrens1 for your list on BriExPats tried them) but the only one that has come back so far and said they can accomodate us is reallistally not best placed for commuting. BUt will have to go for it if nothing else comes up. Basically I will be starting work in CBD 3 days after arriving. Our cats will possibly be out of quarrantine a week or so before the end of any short term rental hence wanting somewhere that will allow cats. Ideally we wanted SOR close to Byford but to be honest will look at anything that's realistically commutable and not silly expensive - 1 bedroom even is fine as it's just myself and husband initially.

Any suggestions very gratefully received.

September is a lovely time to arrive in Australia. But, yes there is always a butt, if its in the middle part of the month, it will be school holiday season in Perth and the whole of WA.

You should not look past, caravan parks and the boarding houses, as renting in this state is a different outlook really.

Recently I have rocked up to look at a house to rent, (for friends)and found that, everyone who is interested in , any of the properties up for rent, are all invited on the same day to inspect it, and the amount of cars lining the street, you would think were attending a party or something.

So how the hell do the agents decide who gets the house? I have no idea.

The owners don`t decide for you, apparently some prospective tenants, write on their applications, some thing like,,,,,,, willing to pay 6 months rent in advance........so I have been told. And they also judge you by the way you act, how many kids you have , and what sort of car you arrive in.... I suggest a Limo, and be very secretive about it, they might just decide, you were that person who won the lotto last nite... who has`nt claimed it yet!

Now just another problem for People arriving in December January, christmas season.... rents are scarce at that time of year, as some people

rent their own houses out, and move into the garage. Double the rent, double the profits. some times people, put the houses up for short term rentals for that very reason, so they can kick their usual tenants out and charge more at christmas time

A older couple in Rockingham,(they learn`t it from their parents) have made enough money doing that for the last 20 years, that they now own 2 more double sized homes, in Fletcher Street..... I know some of the tenants that they have told to move out at

xmas time.... so keep in mind , there are boarding houses and caravan parks that do the short term rentals too. Some people even hire out their caravans to people at their own homes.:wacko:

Guest The_Foulgers

Thanks so much for your advice. Looks like we've managed to secure a holiday let until Mid October in HIlton Near Fremantle. The landlady lives next door too which is good. So 1 thing down .. 10 million to go :)

Husband hasn't got a job as yet so he will be doing a lot of the house hunting for unfurnished - so will make sure he shaves :) and wears his sunday best. We'll try and build up a rapport with some agents I guess, can't hurt.

On the car front that's worth knowing especially as we were going to look to buy something cheap as soon as, so may stick with a shiny hire car for a bit!

Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

We can't wait to be back. :smiloe: