Update

louloubelle

Here I am 4 days after arrival and here is what I've done so far,

Visited kids school, bought school uniform,bought bits of stationary Tec, New sim cards for phones, applied for TFN, registered with centre link and Medicare. Today I navigated my way to the city on a train, found my way on the CAT bus to royal perth hospital before walking down into subiaco to goto the AHPRA office where everything went fine, just waiting for confirmation of my registration now. Then I got official contract of employment and start on the 14th November. I have I introduced myself to Tesco mums on the school forum and have already arranged to meet a few at thepark, everyone so friendly and helpful. Still struggling with jetlag a little but just trying to go with it!!

Now to chill out for 2 weeks before I have to start work, just need to find d my self a car! .

Here I am 4 days after arrival and here is what I've done so far,

Visited kids school, bought school uniform,bought bits of stationary Tec, New sim cards for phones, applied for TFN, registered with centre link and Medicare. Today I navigated my way to the city on a train, found my way on the CAT bus to royal perth hospital before walking down into subiaco to goto the AHPRA office where everything went fine, just waiting for confirmation of my registration now. Then I got official contract of employment and start on the 14th November. I have I introduced myself to Tesco mums on the school forum and have already arranged to meet a few at thepark, everyone so friendly and helpful. Still struggling with jetlag a little but just trying to go with it!!

Now to chill out for 2 weeks before I have to start work, just need to find d my self a car! .

You have done so much!! Can I ask what's tesco mums?? Now relax Deb x

Wow louloubelle you certainly are powering through the "to do when arrive" list! Just take time to wander around and appreciate that you are actually here.... Sometimes all the hustle and bustle of arriving takes over and you forget to stop and take in what is around you.

As far as a car is concerned, if you feel confident about buying privately, Gumtree is probably the way to go, but if you aren't that confident, I agree with Ali that John Hughes in Victoria Park are a good place to start.

Keep the updates coming!

But yes remember John Hughs - will want you to buy a car from them whatever ! even if you do not like what they have , they will probably all gather like a pack of wolves and insist you take a test drive then buy buy buy !

Very aggresive sales technique …….. Very old school.

So, yep check websites and find what you want befor you take a look - car salesmen here are very much like the 1980s UK !

But hey …. exciting times :o)