broker or bank ?

pegg

Hi all, EEK another money question ;o)

Anyhow , things are going fab and we are wanting to apply for a small loan - ( VW kombi ) ……… So just wondering we have spoke to one broker who says to use her over a bank .

Just wondering if any of you guys would recomend a broker over a bank etc ?

Thanks Guys

Of course she is going to say you should use her! how do you think she makes her money

Aww yes i know that @Weedolly ….. im just thinking that a broker may have more options - as our loan is for a vintage car ( Had Old vws all our life and friend of ours runs highly sort after VW restoration company ).

So yep its for a VW camper ( Kombi ) - so think it will be unswecured loan .

We got a car loan from the RAC which included road side assistance. I'd say shop around and see who offers the best deal.

Thanks @ali but due to loan being for a classic car - im sure car loans are for new cars .

But as we've been here for 6 months not sure if we have a credit score yet ? but should be ok as permenant visa holders - employed- all bills paid before dead line - And savings going well ………… So yup we will see :o)

Go for a personal loan from your bank not a car loan. Last time we bought a car paid half from savings, got a personal loan for the other half over 5 years but overpaid it and had it gone within a year! Just did it that way so we still had some money in the bank. Then you are not tied to a certain term e g 5 years and lots of interest. I know everyone is not in a position to pay off that quickly but every bit extra helps and brings the interest down

Hi all, EEK another money question ;o)

Anyhow , things are going fab and we are wanting to apply for a small loan - ( VW kombi ) ……… So just wondering we have spoke to one broker who says to use her over a bank .

Just wondering if any of you guys would recomend a broker over a bank etc ?

Thanks Guys

Hi Pegg

Have you got enough equity in your home? If so, you can use the equity for personal investment, which the vintage/classic car can fall under.

As for bank V broker. I say go with the broker (and yes i would say that as i am a broker) but the bank will only be able to tell you about their products. CBA will not tell you about ANZ's products. Broker can compare all the suitable lenders, give you more choice, and save you the run around. Best of all it wont cost you anything to use a broker.

Also about car finances, be aware of the 0% finance that some car yards offer. Where they will make their money is on the price (which will be higher) of the car and you will end up paying lot more. In any case, car dealerships finance is much more expensive and you can get a better deal anywhere else you go.