Jobs!!!

abey1

Hi everyone

All preliminary work done and now looking out for jobs very aggressively. Seniors can you give me some tips to speed up the process and find work? Is it productive to go to recruitment agencies? For the moment I apply through seek, indeed, wa jobs.

I'm an HR Professional but ok with anything suitable to start with!

Appreciate very much your suggestions

Thank you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be hard, there is a bit of a thing in WA about having not just Australian experience, but WA experience and the economy is still struggling. Rio Tinto laid off another large number in the last couple of weeks which is about 2000 in the last year. (they are one of the major employers and most were office support roles such as HR).

My my advice would be to consider all options including general admin to even manual roles.

I work in health so slightly different, but I actually emailed hospitals to see if they had any vacancies and was asked to send my CV. Might be worth looking at companies and emailing them your CV directly asking if they have any current vacancies and how you could apply.

I work in health so slightly different, but I actually emailed hospitals to see if they had any vacancies and was asked to send my CV. Might be worth looking at companies and emailing them your CV directly asking if they have any current vacancies and how you could apply.

Good luck

Thank you verystormy and Ali. Yes seems like a good strategy sending the cv directly...

First ensure that your resume is clear and relevant. Less is more. Ensure that your resume clearly states your visa if you are PR so you don't sponsorship etc.

Second, be positive and persistent and flexible.

Third, network, get the West Australian paper on Saturdays. There are lot of people that over look this. Keep on with Seek etc. Try Gumtree as well, it's more miss then hit, but worth a try.

First ensure that your resume is clear and relevant. Less is more. Ensure that your resume clearly states your visa if you are PR so you don't sponsorship etc.

Second, be positive and persistent and flexible.

Third, network, get the West Australian paper on Saturdays. There are lot of people that over look this. Keep on with Seek etc. Try Gumtree as well, it's more miss then hit, but worth a try.

Thank you sashamb! I should look in to the paper as well. Now full-time working on it... as you said I mentioned that I have PR as well. Fingers crossed I will get something soon....

• 2 months later...

As a retirement recruitment manager, the best advice I can give anyone looking for work in Perth, is to go out and door knock with a copy of your CV in your hot little hand. Many jobs do not get advertised and are word of mouth, either in big organisations or small business. It can also be beneficial to offer yourself for work experience, especially in a manual trade, so prospective employers can see what you are capable of. Unfortunately there is this culture in WA that employers request that you have Australian experience for positions, and it is so hard to get that experience in paid employment sometimes, but by doing work experience, you can gain said experience, and in many cases, gain a job. As the economy slows further in WA, jobs are becoming harder to get, and recruiters will always remember the person who door knocks more than the person who just rings up or sends an email asking for work.

Hi, Just an update on my job hunting. I started working as a volunteer for two weeks and then found paid employment in the same field I used to work. Close by home. Only week days. Happy with it! I completed 1 1/2 months today!Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions. !!!

Hi, Just an update on my job hunting. I started working as a volunteer for two weeks and then found paid employment in the same field I used to work. Close by home. Only week days. Happy with it! I completed 1 1/2 months today!Thank you everyone for your valuable suggestions. !!!

Well done

Deb

• 3 weeks later...

Well done and good luck !!!