What's for dinner tonight?

verystormy

On 9/28/2017 at 05:54, ali said:

Slightly off topic as not really for dinner .... but I tested a new soup for Christmas ... Cauliflower, pear and blue cheese .. delicious !!   I split the soup before adding cheese to one half (kids don't like blue cheese), they were equally impressed with the soup and that's one part of the Christmas dinner menu sorted.

I love anything with blue cheese so I will definitely have a go at that... how yummy.

50 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

I love anything with blue cheese so I will definitely have a go at that... how yummy.

Heat 1tbs oil and cook 1 coarsely chopped onion

Add 1 clove crushed garlic and 1tsp fennel seeds - cook for 1 min

Add 1/2 cup dry white wine - cook for 5 mins or until reduced by half

Add Cauliflower florets, 2 chopped pears, 1 coarsely chopped (and peeled) potato, 1L veg or chicken stock and 2 cups water.  Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook until veg is very tender.  Cool slightly when cooked.  

Add 1/2 cup sour cream and 80g blue cheese and blend until smooth.

Serve with chopped roasted hazelnuts, fried sage leaves, thin slices of pear and a drizzle of oil

*I did add some extra stock and also some milk to think it a little.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thought I would revive this and see what everyone is up to. 

Today, I making Sunday roast of slow cooked pork shoulder. I made a paste / marinade yesterday of fennel seeds, garlic, pepper, lots of sea salt, parsley and lathered it over and popped in the fridge. It is now 4 hours into its 6 hours cooking. 

Serving with roast butternut squash, roast potatoes with thyme, roast onions, parsnips and Yorkshire pudding. 

My wife has made sticky toffee pudding for later - yum.

so what are you having today?