Daycare

lulu2014

Hi Everyone

I am looking for some recommendations for daycare for a 2 year old & 3 year old.  Myself, husband & 2 kids plan to relocate to Perth (from Ireland)  in October this year, we have not decided on a suburb as yet so I know that leaves the range very broad but we are wanting to move to an area with good childcare facilities & schools so all comments & advise is appreciated to help us trying to narrow it down.

We want a nice family suburb, close to train line for access to the city but we have no idea about daycare centres & ultimately we want to ensure the kids are happy & settled into a good place so getting them sorted is key for us.

Look forward to your replies ?

Hi, we live in Duncraig and love it here! we are close to both the beach and city (only 10 mins on the train from Warwick station) and the local schools are great. Our daughter goes to Davallia Primary school and has settled so well, we can't rate it highly enough! We also have a 19 month old in daycare (Jelly Beans & Marmion Community Daycare) and she is very happy at both of them. There are lots of daycare choices but I found many have long wait lists so I would definitely recommend booking visits and getting your name down on a few once you get here. Let me know if you would like anymore info, hope the move goes well! ?

Hi

Thanks for the reply :)

When you say long waiting lists do you have an estimate of how long?  Should we be getting in touch with daycare centres before we arrive?  

Sounds like you are very happy in Duncraig so I will definately be looking up Jelly Beans & Marmion :) is there any reason you use 2 different daycare centres?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply! I don't really know how long the wait lists are as they vary from centre to centre. We waited about 5 months for Marmion although I do know one in Duncraig that has a 2 year wait list!! We went to Jellybeans as she could start there straight away (I had to find somewhere as soon as I got a job!) and she is really happy there, we then got a place at Marmion for 1 day so took that because it was recommended. That is the only reason she is at two different places, it might be easier if it was just one! I think it will be no problem waiting until you get here and are settled in the area you choose, have you had anymore thoughts about where you want to go?!

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

Don't try and organise everything before you arrive is my advice... Day care is something like the UK, you need to visit in person to find the right place for your children...  We had a holiday let in Currambine when we first arrived and have now settled and love Edgewater... We picked Currambine purely on being close to a decent swim club for my daughter lol....