Victoria Park / East Victoria Park / Burswood

Guest 4YearItch

Guest 4YearItch

Hi

We're looking at buying a place near to the CBD in Perth and our budget is $600,000. With this, it looks as though we could buy in Victoria Park / East Victoria Park / Burswood. These areas are so much cheaper than the surrounding suburbs and looking at the houses they look lovely. I'm just wondering why they're so much cheaper! Does anyone know anything about these areas? Would you recommend them? Thanks

Both Vic Park and East Vic Park are great locations - close to the city, the Swan River foreshore, etc. Historically they've been considered to be areas that have had a rough element, but this is rapidly changing. If we invested south of the river, we'd be buying in these areas, as they really are very well located and will only increase in value over time. As you said, some of the new houses are lovely, and when you look at comparably located areas (South Perth etc) you just can't beat the value.

I'm not so familiar with Burswood as an area but suspect my comments above probably also apply - I think that VP/EVP are probably a bit further along the 'gentrification' spectrum however :smile: