Introductions

ali

Guest Selina

Thanks Ali, I think Rockingham is off the list now. Just spent 4 hours looking for temporary accommodation (motel, apartment, holiday home, hotel etc). Think my wrists are about to snap which will not do, need at least one to push hubby into the kitchen to cook! (Boy, am I spoilt! (and loving it!)).

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Selina
I've heard mixed things about Rockingham too, but I've never lived there so obviously can't give an personal opinion. I had a colleague who lived in Port Kennedy and she said that she didn't like going into Rockingham in the evening/night - even to do late night shopping, this was a couple of years ago. During the day she said it was no problem.

As I say - this is only 2nd hand information and not something i've personally witnessed.

Thanks Ali, I think Rockingham is off the list now. Just spent 4 hours looking for temporary accommodation (motel, apartment, holiday home, hotel etc). Think my wrists are about to snap which will not do, need at least one to push hubby into the kitchen to cook! (Boy, am I spoilt! (and loving it!)).

Forgot to add that I'm still none the wiser with the accommodation, hey-ho, never mind, there's always tomorrow!.:goofy:

Hi all,

I'm Justine (39) and married to Adam (28). We arrived in Perth on 04/04/2011 - Adam has a 457 visa - with our 4 beautiful kids, Niamh (8), Seth (7), Aaron (3) & Lola (2).

We're living in a temporary rental in Mindarie at the minute - the kids started at Mindarie Primary last Thursday (Niamh - Year 3, Seth - Year 2 & Aaron Kindy) - and are busy trying to find a more permanent rental in the area. The ship carrying our container is due to land at Fremantle this Saturday, 14/05/2011 - so starting to panic a little!

We have a couple of friends here already, but it'd be great to meet more friends.

Hi there, i hope your enjoying Perth .. welcome to PP , good luck with the house hunt .. thats when you will start meeting people when your in your home with a base .. all the best ! Dont forget to look at www.gumtree.com.au for adds on houses as well .

Guest LadyW

Hi

Im completely new to this site and VERY new to the whole move to oz thing! My husband and I have just appionted an agent and are looking at Perth either state sponsored or indepedent (we havent decided yet?!).

It would be great to make soem virtual friends as it is likely to be next year before the big move. Lisa (29), Robert (30) and Flossy the dog (10) are excited and nervous and looking to soak up as much information as possible!

Thanks

Lisa

Hi All,

Congratulations to all of you that have just arrived, getting your visa's etc.

And good luck to those of you that are starting the whole daunting process!!

Well we're a family of 6, me,Jane,support worker, Mark,Hubby,electrician, 4 kids, Jade,20, living in Rockingham with her boyfriend and getting married next Feb, she's having a beach wedding!! Liam, nearly 18,working in Bunnings at mo, Kyra 13 and Owen 11 still at school.

We've been here 3 1/2 years, looking forward to becoming Citizens!

We've been through a lot in the last few years, back in England waiting to get visa's,and then when we arrived, but that's all whole other story. We're all very happy and settled now, but I won't lie, it has been really hard at times, but it is well worth it.

I'm always happy to offer advice, whether its any good remains to be seen, hopefully I've helped a few people.

All the best to everyone x

Jane :wink: