I'm moving to Perth!

Guest n00dlz

Guest n00dlz

hello everyone,

how are you all doing?

I'm n00dlz and I'm still grinning and can't stop pinching myself to check I'm not dreaming, I got my WA state sponsorship accepted yesterday!!! :jiggy:

I'm a young single girly, who loves the city as well as the beach, countryside, well pretty much everything and wondering what sort of great things are to do for people like me who don't have kids

Guest n00dlz

Hi Jackboots,

what a lovely welcome, have you been in Perth long? I've not been to Perth before, not even been to Oz, people think i'm a bit nutty for emigrating without even seeing the place but I'm gonna just turn up and enjoy the adventure. As for work, I'm going to be getting in touch with job agencies and some companies before I head out there, I don't suppose you know of any agencies who help IT based people?

Guest NeilEB

Hey Noodlz,

Welcome to the forum :-)

I hate to put a downer on it, but you said you have only got State Sponsorship? Be prepared for a long wait still unfortunately....

Guest n00dlz

Hi NeilEB,

thanks for the welcome, a long wait isn't too bad for me, depending on how long that is, i've been told that it could take up to 12 months for the visa to be approved, which is kewl as I've got so many major family events next year, i can't head out till Dec 2012 at the earliest and was going to have a final christmas with me folks then start 2013 in oz. have you been waiting long or did you wait long?

Guest NeilEB
Hi NeilEB,

thanks for the welcome, a long wait isn't too bad for me, depending on how long that is, i've been told that it could take up to 12 months for the visa to be approved, which is kewl as I've got so many major family events next year, i can't head out till Dec 2012 at the earliest and was going to have a final christmas with me folks then start 2013 in oz. have you been waiting long or did you wait long?

You should be fine by Dec 2012 - sorry you made it sound like you wanted to move really quickly :-)

Hi n00dlz - congrats on the SS! You'll love Perth I'm sure. I'm in IT too and can recommend seek.com.au as the place where all the job ads seem to be. All of them I've seen so far have a statement saying you must be able to live and work in Perth before applying, but you might want to keep an eye on the site and get to know who's recruiting who etc.

Hays seems to be the big agency in town for IT jobs. But when I came out last year for a holiday to try and secure interviews for potential sponsorship to hasten my visa, no one wanted to know until I had a visa. Their loss :-)

Hope the rest of the process goes well for you and drop me a line when you're moving and I'll offer any IT contacts I should have made by then!

Guest NeilEB
Hope the rest of the process goes well for you and drop me a line when you're moving and I'll offer any IT contacts I should have made by then!

Mind if I take you up on that offer too?

Guest n00dlz
Hi n00dlz - congrats on the SS! You'll love Perth I'm sure. I'm in IT too and can recommend seek.com.au as the place where all the job ads seem to be. All of them I've seen so far have a statement saying you must be able to live and work in Perth before applying, but you might want to keep an eye on the site and get to know who's recruiting who etc.

Hays seems to be the big agency in town for IT jobs. But when I came out last year for a holiday to try and secure interviews for potential sponsorship to hasten my visa, no one wanted to know until I had a visa. Their loss :-)

Thanks hotphil! :smile:

Guest n00dlz
Hi n00dlz, you could also try a mob called Trilogy, they're based in West Perth and provide a significant amount of contractors to state government departments. My OH used to work there and we can recommend them as employers.

Regards

Jen :)

Thanks Jen, i'll check 'em out :biggrin: