who is the cheapest for home and contents insurance

Guest JAMBOULTON

Guest Liz B

We have AAMI, compared to other quotes they were cheaper. They put there prices up from last year obviously, but still couldn't seem to find better.

Liz:wubclub:

I use HBF, as they are West Australian, they are also a health insurer and home and contents. They have a help line, when your children are young and you need to find out what they are suffering from,,, very good information, as they have health professionals working on that health line. You can also get special offers, like movie tickets and other things through their links.

We also have Western Underwriters, but they are part of the universal QBE, so they are WesternQBE, the navy use that business for most of their insurance needs for their homes people who work on Garden Island (The Navy have a 100 year lease for the parking of their patrol boats, carriers and ships):biglaugh:

I did a survey about 8 years ago, and RAC was another who had a comparitive package deal. They are online also.

I found that the Pensioner insurance, cant think what its called at the moment,(APIA )for people not working, like me, the prices quoted were at least $300 more than other insurances. When I asked why, they told me, well, if they are that age, and can afford a car, they can afford to pay, and as people get older, they are more of an insurance risk, forgetful etc. Not the right attitude to have, so I encourage people not to go to them.. My Dad is with RAC as he still drives at 89. They gave him the best quote.

But there are insurance companies, who when you tell them, where you are likely to be driving and how often, if you use your car for work, they will only insure it for that ... Youi I think its called...

but don`t quote me... if that helps