Rentals

Guest StevenJS

Guest StevenJS

Hi I'm getting a bit tired now looking for a short term rental that'd wont charge the earth. For ppl that have just moved or have booked a short term rental, could they give the web site of where they booked it from and how much a week they pay? It could just be me being a cheap skate here but need to know:smile: we are looking around the Kinross area or other local suburbs. Also has any one booked a long term rental from back in the UK? I've heard that they tend not to due to references and credit checks.

Hope someone can give any advice.

Thanks Ste.

Short term rentals (especially furnished) will always be a bit more, because they may have periods of time when it's not being rented. 4 years ago we paid $625 a week for a furnished rental, that included all bills, internet connection etc. and included use of a car

Hi Steven, how much are you looking to pay? If you give an indication of what your price range is, people will be able to make suggestions that may be of use to you.

Edit: Oops, and how many people are coming over.... for example, if it's you, the other half and six kids, the suggestions will be very different than if it's just you and the other half!

Hi Steven

As Ali said short term furnished will always be more than long term rentals. You should be looking at less than a holiday let, but more than a long term. The rate will depend on the area, NOR tends to be more than SOR for example, and the length of stay, generally if you stay over 1 month then the rate will come down, then say 3-6 months the rate will be less again, and if you find somewhere really great and want to stay (this does happen), you should be able to negotiate a significant discount.

When are you coming over? and as Jen says let us know how many people are coming, and if you have any pets.

Good luck with your hunt:smile:

Tracey

Guest scottishkiwi

Hi there, i was going to suggest the ladies who have already posted on here. We have also booked a short term rental for 3 weeks in Secret Harbour. It ius 4x2 fully furnished and $700 a week. we didn't really need somewhere so big as it's only hubby, me and my wee girl, however, 2 wee dogs! That's the best bit for us. They were allowed! i looked into hostels, caravans, chalet and this was all i could find at the time of booking. Of course since then I have seen Tracey and Jen's ads (typical!) We're only giving ourlelves 3 weeks to find a long term so it's going to be our main priority because we can't afford 700 indefinitely! Good Luck with everything:)

Guest StevenJS
Hi Steven, how much are you looking to pay? If you give an indication of what your price range is, people will be able to make suggestions that may be of use to you.

Edit: Oops, and how many people are coming over.... for example, if it's you, the other half and six kids, the suggestions will be very different than if it's just you and the other half!

Hi, we'll we are due to arrive 13 October and we are a family of 4. We are trying to get a rental for between 500 and 600 dollars a week for about 6 weeks in order to get a long term rentals sorted. The Kinross area would be best but sorrounding suburbs would also be good.

Any help would be great.

Thanks ste

Hi, we'll we are due to arrive 13 October and we are a family of 4. We are trying to get a rental for between 500 and 600 dollars a week for about 6 weeks in order to get a long term rentals sorted. The Kinross area would be best but sorrounding suburbs would also be good.

Any help would be great.

Thanks ste

Hi Steven

We may be just about to list a property in Ridgewood that may suit, I think that's pretty close to Kinross isn't it? As soon as I get any details I'll send them over to you.

Tracey

Guest StevenJS
Hi Steven

We may be just about to list a property in Ridgewood that may suit, I think that's pretty close to Kinross isn't it? As soon as I get any details I'll send them over to you.

Tracey

Hi Tracey, could you provde details of the property at Ridgewood please. Yes, it's not far from Kinross it's in Quinns. Thanks Ste

Hi Tracey, could you provde details of the property at Ridgewood please. Yes, it's not far from Kinross it's in Quinns. Thanks Ste

Hi Ste

I'm chasing the owner to see if they will commit to renting it sooner rather than later, and will give you full details when I have them. All I have at the moment is it's a 4x2 in Ridgewood. I'll keep in touch.

Tracey

Hi everyone we got ours from Stayz.com in Secret Harbour. We paid $2100 for a month (no deposit and all bills included!) and its in a really nice bit of Secret Harbour right opposite the golf course. Its called Little Haven and its a 3x2 very big, but small yard. The landlady was lovely and gave me a smashing reference :notworthy:

We used holidaylettings.co.uk when we came 3 years ago just has a look and there's a place at quinns we looked at it appears to be a lot more dearer but in bucks it's not much more thane we paid but it's the exchange rate

Guest destinationperth

Hi

I am expected to arrive in September'2011.We are family of 4 (me,wife,5 years son,6 months son) Initially, I will come alone and after staying here 2-3 months and getting job, I will call my family. I am 175 visa holder in accounting. I just need 1 bedroom.So any suggestions for suburbs or job?

user_online.gifreport.gif edit.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jayboy31

We're having the same problem, we're moving out to Perth at the end of Nov and need somewhere to stay. From the advice i've been reading on here we shouldn't even bother trying to get a permanent rental, we need to get a holiday let first then look for a permanent place once we're there? But we're still having trouble finding a reasonably priced holiday in or within 30 ish mins from the Nedlands area (the wifes job).

We'll be needing furnished until our shipment turns up, but what happens if we dont find or secure something permanent and our shipment has arrived, is it easy to find storage?

I apologise if these are daft questions but rational thought has left me due to the high volume of tasks that need sorting out.

We're a family of 4 with 2 small children, if it wasn't for the kids we would sleep in as box till we secured somewhere. :)

Jayboy, you're right in that trying to get permanent accommodation from overseas is nigh on impossible. Go for a holiday let, they can be flexible as well if there are delays in the arrival of your shipment (which seems to happen on a regular basis unfortunately!). Storage is definitely available also - try these websites http://www.koalastorage.com.au/ http://www.welshpoolselfstorage.com.au/ http://www.aaastorage.com.au/

It's important to get in touch with the companies though, as the demand for storage is way higher than supply, so they may not have any available.

Finding a holiday let in Nedlands will be difficult. However the public transport to Nedlands is excellent, as the University of WA is there, so buses etc run regularly. If you're reasonably close to Perth city then she shouldn't have any problems. Even easier if you're planning on getting a car fairly quickly.

Guest jayboy31

Silly question but how do I contact stayz.com? I can't seem to find a link on their site to actually ask them a question. All their prices are per night and we need somewhere for about a month, the per night prices are extortionate. I'd love to know how you got yours for $2100.

Thanks in advance

Hi destinationperth, you might want to try www.focusedrecruitment.com.au or www.hays.com.au for jobs. The odds are good you'll end up in either the city or in the inner city suburbs with your job. If you're only looking for one bedroom, you could try sharing accommodation - maybe have a look at Gumtree's shared accommodation section: http://perth.gumtree.com.au/