Excited but a lil bit scared

Guest woj

We're arriving on 5th Sept, Sold our house, both about to jack in our jobs that we've had since school and moving to Perth.

Both excited but also a bit nervous for finding jobs/going to a new workplace.

Anyone else had those feelings.

I know everything will be fine in the end up

Guest Anouska

Yes yes yes!!!We are feeling all the above.

you know how much you want to do it BUT.......!!! Worried what if it doesn't work out? Will you be able to cope without family?

My husband and I just keep reminding ourselves why we started this journey and all those reasons help make us feel that we are doing the RIGHT thing.

Stay positive, hope everything goes well with your move, keep us updated as your journey progresses and any pointers for us or anyone else who is nearing their move will be much appreciated :)

We hope to be moving October (fingers crossed)

Good luck, Anouska

Guest DebandBen

Totally understand, we are scared already and are a while away from your position!!

We sent in our application last week of June 2011 and recieved first e mail from case worker 4 weeks later saying

"go get your medicals and police checks done". I thought this request would be a year away!! Is this really the final step before your visa is allocated? (if successfull of course!) Do you get 1 year from date of medicals and police checks to get over there and validate your visa? Help!!

Seems to be going through sooo quickly, i'm a little panicked, but SUPER excited!!

Deb xx

Thats pretty much it, meds, police checks, visa!

Am not worried about leaving, obviously i'll miss family and friends, its jus the packing in a well paid and only job i've had since school thats scaring me a little. Settling into a new work place etc, oh and actually finding a job! lol

I found the the last few months and especially the last 2 weeks in the UK very bitter sweet - the agony of saying goodbye, leaving work etc., mixed with the excitement at what we were doing. To be honest it was only when we got on the plane that we looked at each other and said "this is really it!!" with big smiles on our faces. For us, and I know this sounds very cliched ... but as long as the 4 of us were together we knew it was going to be ok.

My advise is not to expect anything - things will be very different from the UK - embrace and enjoy each new experience and good luck with the move xx