Help wanted from all the ladies out there!!!!!!!!!

Piscine75

I am emigrating to Perth in the next 4 weeks and at the moment am having a mini meltdown:arghh: about what clothes, shoes, cosmetics to ship?

My main dilema would be in terms of clothes etc for us ladies what would you advise is worth bringing over i.e expensive to buy in Perth?

Thanks in advance

Guest Legal Angel

Hi, I'm moving to Perth from Ireland in 8 weeks and face a similar dilemma though I suppose it does depend on how much you like your style! In my case I think my style, or lack thereof, is something i can duplicate in Perth. I'm also bringing my 9 year old daughter and will buy most of her clothes in Perth as I know how important it is to "fit in" with your peers, especially for a shy little girl. I know she won't want to stand out in a crowd and will prefer to be dressed just like everyone else - but thats her. Me, I'm bringing very little. I have already off-loaded alot of my heavy, wintery clothes which I know I would never wear in Perth but we also can't turn up naked so I plan on packing general items that will get me by until November time when I'll have to invest in summery things. If you have classic items you know you'll wear again and again, which you won't get in Perth, bring them, otherwise my opinion, buy there.

Anyway, best of luck with your move and see you in the sunshine!

Guest guest1228

You can get comparable products to everything you bought in the UK either in a shop or online for a similar price. My advice....dont stress, bring what you can, maybe a few months supply of essential cosmetics,....its Perth not Outer Mongolia...:wink:

Hi its freezing here in Perth at the moment get them winter clothesback

its also cold in fact its probablly colder indoors than out so bring all your warm cosy blankets too

And if you love your clothes and fashion bring every piece you have

the shopping is not like shopping at home were here two years now and i treasure all my stuff from home

its quite expensive for the basic clothes items too !!!!

Life here is amazing though Good luck

You Guys - think it's freezing in Perth - come to Newcastle upon Tyne when it's winter here - last winter we has cold spells of -10 degrees, yes, now that's what I call cold!!! Do you get snow in Perth??? I guess not... We had about 2 foot of snow and it lasted for 2 months!!!!

I visited Mandurah in April and the temperature was about 28-30 degrees, which I thought was totally tropical, only to find the locals in their winter gear, telling me how cold they were. Oh what bliss, hope I get used to this weather!!! :cool:

Those people who are living here already, I am going to give some needed advice to!

When looking for a house to live in or rent, try to get one that faces North, as with the sun in the winter coming through your front windows, open up those blinds, curtains and let it into the house. In the summer, with the sun coming up in the east and setting in the west, (haha tell you another one) you keep your blinds/curtains closed in the mornings facing east, and alternately close the curtains/blinds in the west in the afternoons, or leave your verticals open so they only get the morning sun in... with your home being insulated, be that by, wool batts, fibreglass batts or blow-in paper pulp, in your ceilings mainly, it will make things at least 10 degrees cooler, or more depending on the thickness of your insulation. The winter warmth will stay in too, if you have rubber-backed curtains, and don`t for heavens sake get your north facing windows tinted with that mirro stuff, as you will spend all of your hard earned money on trying to keep your house warm. If you have to have window tinting only get the south facing windows done, as the sun in the south in the summer can be so intense as the day progresses.

I sit on my front verandah in the winter sun and enjoy my first cuppa for the day! The birds are singing, the kids next door are arguing,

the roof carpenters somewhere close are working their nail guns, the sun is definitely out today!!

You can get over the winter blues in regard your clothes, by purchasing, new age materials, like slinky, or crepe type clothes, that let the heat out in summer, and keep you warm in winter, you can be nicely dressed without looking like a polar bear .... you also make those who bundle up look more bulky, where as you look slim all the time.:jiggy:Polar fleece, lambswool, micro-fibre materials , pure wool, cashmere to you I guess. lecture over!:wubclub:

Guest Sally-Anne

Bring all the makeup you can!!! I personally feel that it's very expensive here compared to the UK. Also, if you read a lot, get a kindle and set up an UK bank account and buy your books that way - books are extremely expensive here!

People moan about the lack of selection here in terms of clothes shops but hey, Asos deliver free to Australia!