Tax Return

Guest chris_and_miriam

Guest chris_and_miriam

So it seems we are obliged to sumbit a tax return each year, what fun!

Do you folks use an accountant or tax consultant to do yours? If so do you have any recommendations? How much do they cost?

Tried a search for 'Tax Return' with poor return so apologies if this has already been covered - I did try to search first, honest!

We use HR Block ... one in nearly every subburb , its great ... you get money back :) i think you have untill October ( please check that officially ) soon as you get your group cert from your employers .

Save all your receipts .. workwear , tools etc im sure theres more you can factor in depending on work etc family staus etc

We use HR Block as well its about $120 per person but you can claim it back in next years return. We did ours on the Sat and had the money by Thurs the week after so they are quick. My advice would be take in all receipt you have no matter if you think they wont be used as there are lots of stuff that you can claim for.

Guest LaneyOOO

Hi I use the E Tax system from the tax office if you go too (ato.gov.au) it gives you all the info, easy to download and very easy to use for someone just getting wages.

I use it alot as I do Tax every year for about 30 people although most of them are self employed,have businesses or investments which makes it harder but once you get the hang of it it is fairly easy to use.

Have a go at it it costs nothing

Laney x

Guest guest1228

Cool will be picking your brains later Laney...I have used ETAX the last few years its like doing it yourself but a tax agent looks it over for you before lodgement with ATO. Im sure I could do it myself but cant seem to download the ato etax thing. Costs about $60 for ETAX and has help screens to guide you...I am just holding back this years so I make sure I claim all I can for the education expenses. My problem is not saving receipts....