hubby

Guest corals

Guest corals

my hubby will not let me get the ball rolling until the houseing market gets better but i tell him we need to start now anyone got any help please

:arghh:

Guest Anouska

We going through the same!!!

But we have decided to put our house on the Market, as we are not getting any younger and started this journey in 2008!!

Also our children are 12 and 10 and we want to settle them ASAP as it does get harder the older they become.

BUT I must admit it's scary house market in the UK is a buyers Market which isn't good for us and the exchange rate is poor when we started it was 2.8 to the pound now it's 1.5 to the pound :(.

Everyone is different and it's your decision either way there are risks ??

Good luck and keep us updated on your outcome.

Anouska xx

my hubby will not let me get the ball rolling until the houseing market gets better but i tell him we need to start now anyone got any help please

I think Anouska has answered your question. By the time you are ready to go - the exchange rate make have changed the other way, and the house market may have improved. Once you are ready to go - you can still wait for a while I believe before you take the plunge.

Guest The Newlands

hi, we put our house on the market some 14 months ago but we did have to come down 20 grand to accommodate the current market. if we stuck by our guns and left the house on the market for the asking price, people would just put in silly offers anyway, knowing it was on the market over a year. as it happens it sold after 7 months, start to finish. We are now in rented , over the road, waiting for our golden ticket. So the whole process could potenially be 18 months and you could be living the dream. We are planning to leave around December January time.

Good luck and keep us posted.

its 6 and 2 3's id say but i wouldn't swop the way we have made the transition for anything. It is what it is xx

the Newland Family

Start the process. It'll take ages anyway and, depending on visa, you'll have a long time to actually arrive and "activate" it before it expires. Having the visa and then being able to move would by my preference to waiting on a possible house market increase and then waiting around for what may be years for a visa to get approved, by which time the market may have crashed again....

We rented our house out the first two years .. and sold and bought this year .. it can be done and its realtively easy to do it from here .. id have a chat with a migration agent see what your options are and a rough estimate of how long THAT visa may take ?! :)

Another point would be ... if you sell your house and didn't get a visa would you be up for moving anyway ??

all the luck ! :)

Wish my hubby (or me) had waited now having to move prior to visa being granted. Its not like a normal move as you have to consider doing it again when you go to oz its also messed up my work and his luckily my parents have an empty house (out of the area) but with no dates short term renting could be a nightmare

Kinda wishing we'd decided to rent it out and not over excitedly jumped ahead we sold it the first day it was on the market!!

Candice

Maybe he ain’t that keen??

It could be a long wait for the UK housing market to recover, (it may even go the other way), and exchange rates return to a favorable position. I would go the rental route; after all there is no guarantee it will be to your liking here, it isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.