OMG...Visa granted today!!!

Guest bec36

Guest bec36

Hi All

My name's Becky & this is my first time here on PerthPoms!

My OH, myself & our 17 month old son were granted our visas today!! :biggrin: I was just hoping to get a bit of info really & would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

We are coming out to Perth hopefully by the end of this year for a month to have a look around different areas to see where we want to go. We have looked at so many suburbs on the net & not sure where to start!! :unsure:Can anyone recommend any areas that have a good community feel & good amenties within easy reach?

Also, my OH is a self-employed plumbing & gas engineer here in the UK. He has already done an assessment for plumbing so will be able to apply for his temp licence when we arrive. Anyone know if there is much work about for plumbers? If so are there any particular areas needing plumbers? Not asking for much am I:wink:!!!

Hope I haven't gone on too much......so much to think about & organise now!!!

Any info would be really helpful!

Guest Anouska

Congratulations !!!!!!!

We are hoping to be in Perth oct/nov, not sure about the plumbing jobs but just wanted to say hi :)

Good luck Anouska x

Congrats!!!! Now the serious planning begins.

There is a very good thread on here about suburbs, with loads of different posts about different areas, have a read of that to get a feel of areas. Me, I like the South, we live in Rockingham and can recommend this area. You do need to do your own driving around, you'll find somewhere that feels 'right' for you.

Good luck with the research.

Tracey

Guest bec36

Hi Jen_PFR

Thanks! So much to sort out & decide now!!! We don't have any family or friends in Perth so no starting point! I think we'll have to do a bit more research on the net!!

Becky