advice with buying a house Please!!!

Guest debbie13

Guest debbie13

Hi guys, a little advice would be grateful from those of you in the know.;

My OH has got a sponsership visa and we are looking to move out in Feb. We like the area around Tapping and would like to purchase a house there as we know the area fairly well. Question is, can we apply for a mortgage if we do not currently have an Australian address, in other words do you have to be renting a property and have evidence of utility bills etc. before you get onto the mortgage ladder?:wacko:

Guest debbie13

Oh , I Didn't realise that you had to be a permanent resident, I Just thought that you could purchase a property but if you hadn't gained permanent residency by the time your visa run out then you would have to leave Australia.

Guest Bob Tonnor
Hi guys, a little advice would be grateful from those of you in the know.;

My OH has got a sponsership visa and we are looking to move out in Feb. We like the area around Tapping and would like to purchase a house there as we know the area fairly well. Question is, can we apply for a mortgage if we do not currently have an Australian address, in other words do you have to be renting a property and have evidence of utility bills etc. before you get onto the mortgage ladder?:wacko:

Hi Debbie

As soon as you get here, or even before, you may be wise to talk to a lender, heres a good list, http://www.canstar.com.au/interest-rate-comparison/compare-home-loan-rates.html you may be able to get a reasonable idea of what the lender requires of you so you know where your going, they are all slightly different. This might help, it also has links to the foreign investment review board, http://www.australia-migration.com/page/Foreign_Investors_Buying_property_as_a_foreigner_or_Temporary_Resident_in_Australia/178. As for Tapping, nice spot, http://www.locationlowdown.com.au/search/results/WA/Tapping

Good luck

Bob

Guest debbie13

thanks that is very helpful. I was beginning to get very stressed out with the thought of having to rent until we became PR(which we want to become). Hopefully wiht 30% deposit we should be able to get a mortgage. Thanks for the links to the sites they were great.:smile:

Guest Anouska

Hi

Just thought I would add that I was also told that you could not buy a house without a PRV, that was one of the reasons we decided to choose this visa.

Wish all information that was given was the same!!!!

Good luck Debbie, keep us posted on your outcome.

Anouska xx

Oh , I Didn't realise that you had to be a permanent resident, I Just thought that you could purchase a property but if you hadn't gained permanent residency by the time your visa run out then you would have to leave Australia.

It isn't true. You can buy a house on a 457 visa. It severely restricts who will lend to you and you will need at least a 20% deposit but you can do it, we did. Speak to Mark at The Mortgage Gallery at Whitfords when you get here, he was very professional and obtained us our mortgage with no bother at all.

Guest guest1337
It isn't true. You can buy a house on a 457 visa. It severely restricts who will lend to you and you will need at least a 20% deposit but you can do it, we did. Speak to Mark at The Mortgage Gallery at Whitfords when you get here, he was very professional and obtained us our mortgage with no bother at all.

Mortgage choice in Joondalup are excellent also.

• 2 weeks later...