Student Midwife looking to move to Perth

KaylaAnt99

Hello,

This is my first post on perthpoms and im just really looking for some advice on working in Perth as a Midwife. I am 30 years old, married and have two children, boys aged 8 and 6. Husband is a Joiner/Carpenter. I am due to qualify in August this year (2012) and have been looking at the Joondulap Health Campus as this is near to where we would like to live.

I would love to come sooner rather than later but not sure if i will get a job as a newly qualifed or will have to work in the UK for a while first. Please could someone give me some advice on jobs and if there any demands for midwives at present and what sort of salary i would be looking at??

Also if anyone has any info on Joinery/carpentry work and salarys.

Many thanks smile.gif x

I'm not sure of what the salary is for midwifes (if it's different from level one nurse or if you're classed as level 2 .. hopefully another midwife will help). People do come over as newly qualified but for me personally, I would get 12 months under my belt as a qualified nurse, it may also allow you to look at a PR visa as I think you have to have 12 months to apply for a skills assessment (long time since I did my skills assessment).

In order to get a PR visa you will need to have your skills assessed by the ANMAC, there is the full assessment if you are not already registered in Aus or the modified assessment if you already hold registration here. When you have a positive outcome you put the ASCO code on your application for PR.

http://www.anmc.org.au/userfiles/file/international_docs/Standards%20for%20Assessment%20of%20Nurses%20and%20Midwives%20for%20Migration%20Purposes%20%23%202%20-%20July%202010(1).pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Mandygolding

Hi

Contact King Edward Memorial Women's Hospital, Subiaco, or Osborne Park Hospital, Stirling. I am a midwife and did not work in the UK after completing my BSc degree - I was sponsored by KEMH! Good luck.

Hello,

This is my first post on perthpoms and im just really looking for some advice on working in Perth as a Midwife. I am 30 years old, married and have two children, boys aged 8 and 6. Husband is a Joiner/Carpenter. I am due to qualify in August this year (2012) and have been looking at the Joondulap Health Campus as this is near to where we would like to live.

I would love to come sooner rather than later but not sure if i will get a job as a newly qualifed or will have to work in the UK for a while first. Please could someone give me some advice on jobs and if there any demands for midwives at present and what sort of salary i would be looking at??

Also if anyone has any info on Joinery/carpentry work and salarys.

Many thanks smile.gif x

Hi

I'm a midwife and have been sponsored by south metropolitan health services in Perth, just finalising everything now and hope to be in Perth by may at the latest. PM if you want more details, I have been sponsored on a 457 visa but am applying for Pr at the same time.

I qualified in my 20s and am nearly 40 now but I know of others who have got sponsorship with a lot less experience tha me.

Kirstie xx

Guest JonesFamily

I am also a student midwife, due to qualify in September this year. It is our dream to move to Australia and we are now at the research stage so would appreciate any help/advice/words of wisdom.

Much appreciated

Annette x

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Rachael, I am new to this site too, and am a student midwife planning to move to Perth next year (2015). Surely you'd be better off getting your visa first? I'm reasoning that you can't get into the country (if they refuse your visa application for whatever reason) there is no point having your registration or a job lined up? I might be wrong- just thinking aloud really. x Sarah