Western Power - team UK!!!

Guest sweetpea 1

Guest Josie 73

Hiya all,

We are due out Oct ( my other half starts training on the 22nd!) We have had the Visa's approved and Crown Relocations in to assess the furniture and all well, just wondering who books the tickets? and do we have a choice in flights and days to go and airlines etc?

Exciting times now :) Thanks for any comments

Josie

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya all,

We are due out Oct ( my other half starts training on the 22nd!) We have had the Visa's approved and Crown Relocations in to assess the furniture and all well, just wondering who books the tickets? and do we have a choice in flights and days to go and airlines etc?

Exciting times now :) Thanks for any comments

Josie

The relocation agent booked my tickets. I just told them what day I would like to fly out and they did the rest. I don't think there's a choice of airlines but I think most people went with Emirates who were great.

Guest Josie 73

Thanks yes Emirates sounds good! Crown are dealing with the relocation they have been brilliant i must say. 5 weeks to go I can't wait. Hope everyone in Perth doing well

Thanks Josie

Hi everyone, im coming from WPD in Somerset, I've had my telephone interview with Glen and I'm now waiting until end of Oct for my face to face and the practical test. Any heads up on what I might be asked and what the test involves please? Going to put the house on the market before I get a job offer, scary stuff! I don't want to be trying to sell it when I get an offer in Nov and have only 3 months to do it! Especially over Christmas.

Thanks

Hi all,

Im a linesman/electrician in Ireland. I work with the Esb . I'm starting with transfield services next month. I have a question about the training when you land over. I beleive the traing for western power and transfield is pretty much the same. I have never climbed with spikes, we use climbers here in Ireland that wrap around the pole. How much of a hinderence will this be? Is there much pole climbing over there? What's the training like in general? Thanks in advance for the help . Sorry for all the questions.

Hi all,

Im a linesman/electrician in Ireland. I work with the Esb . I'm starting with transfield services next month. I have a question about the training when you land over. I beleive the traing for western power and transfield is pretty much the same. I have never climbed with spikes, we use climbers here in Ireland that wrap around the pole. How much of a hinderence will this be? Is there much pole climbing over there? What's the training like in general? Thanks in advance for the help . Sorry for all the questions.

Theres no climbing out here. It's all from bucket trucks and sometimes ladders....

Hi everyone, im coming from WPD in Somerset, I've had my telephone interview with Glen and I'm now waiting until end of Oct for my face to face and the practical test. Any heads up on what I might be asked and what the test involves please? Going to put the house on the market before I get a job offer, scary stuff! I don't want to be trying to sell it when I get an offer in Nov and have only 3 months to do it! Especially over Christmas.

Thanks

Your help would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest Josie 73

Hi All,

Just wondering how long it took after the Relocation agents did thier initial visit, to hear about actual:jiggy: moving dates and flight information? We are using Crown.

Many Thanks Jo :)

Theres no climbing out here. It's all from bucket trucks and sometimes ladders....

Thanks for that. Is there no climbing in training? How long does the training usually last. Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

hi im due to go to manchester for my interview /practical /medical on oct 16 could anyone give me some info on what i should expect hoping to get out there in the new year any pointers would be great .

Guest Darren

Its worrying how its gone very quiet on here!? Nobody seems to be raving about how amazing it is over there and how glad they are they made the move. I have my interview on the 17th, I'm wondering if the grass really is greener on the other side? Or maybe everyone is busy finding rentals and settling, I hope its the latter.

Guest Darren

I work for Western Power Dist down in Somerset, will be giving up a good job and decent pay, just hope its worth it! I dont think I'll be as well off financially over there, depends on the overtime though. Ive read everything's x2 as expensive if not more :0(

Yes i have read some conflicting reports mate but i suppose if i dont give it a go il never know and probably end up regretting not going.

Well il probably see you on the 17th mate if you hear anything else let me know thanks mate .

Guest jas25577

If its still same practical exam it's easy climb ladder back hang 32 mm copper and pull up on dyno to 1 tonne then drop it all,I'm off to oz week on sat boys can't wait

Hoping to get geraldton or out in the sticks mate heard there's good dollar to be earned out there and let's face it it won't be a lot different to where I live now ( Suffolk ) just a tad warmer with a blue sea instead of brown lol