Cost of living...

Pingpongpom2

Hi All:wink:...we are returning to Perth this year (myself, hubbie & littlest son) and I need to know an average cost of living. I have an idea, as my family live there, but would like quite specific costs if possible. If someone could give me a list of weekly/monthly living costs it would be great, eg. food, electric, gas, phone, water etc. Thanks.

Terri:cute:

The hard things about cost of living threads is that we all live very differently, My food bill has become massive (about $300 a week), but my kids eat like adults and I don't have the time (working full time) to shop around.

My aircon and water is more expensive when we have visitors, eg. when my brother in law and family came to visit ... that's 4 extra people having showers, normally the aircon wouldn't be on during the day, but because people are home more it gets used more, same for the dishwasher ... more people ... two loads instead of one every night lol

Guest SusanAndKatherine

Hiya,

Not sure if this will be of any help as my partner and I opted to move into a permanet cabin on a caravan park while we get on our feet.

Our rent is $210 a week

Electric averages $50 a month

We dont pay for water and only have to pay for gas refill when the bottle runs out.

We use about $50 a fortnight on petrol

For 2 adults we spend $100 a fortnight on food. We found Coles or IGA to be the cheapest shops.

We both have pre paid mobiles thru Telstra I top up $30 a month and get 200miutes and 300texts for this amount, then we are cheaky and the next day i credit money from my phone to my partners. We have found this works well for us.

If you want house hold stuff, clothes,dvd and cds etc we found the best shop to go to is Kmart. We also found the Reject shop, little gems and red dot stores to come in handy for smaller stuff or cheap stuff just to get you thru. They are kind of like th poundshop but a little better. Also if you need furniture etc to help you out when you first get here, we found that http://www.gumtree.com.au there is a freebies section where people give away things they no longer need. You can also find things for sale and also jobs.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Kindest regards Susan x