I know no one will care but ......

ali

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i - k - w-c-b ………… But only just had APHRA reg approved !!! YES !!!

Oh shucks , forgot there are no jobs ;o(

still happy though !

A bit of positivity here Pegg..... that is one step further on the journey! The government freeze on jobs happens here now and again and usually ends quietly and then they start hiring again. Before retirement, I worked in HR/Recruitment for a government department, and this happened all the time when the pollies were panicking as they had overspent and were getting bad press from the public...... What you have to remember is that there is a very large contingent of the workforce who are "baby boomers" and who are retiring.... this will make vacancies eventually.

• 2 months later...

IKNOWC but I started my new job today and it was a fantastic day.

Office is stunning and opposite Windsor Castle and was Queen Victorias private rail entry / waiting room and is fully restored.

My boss seems great and took me for a lovely lunch at one of the best pubs in Windsor - 17the century and very oldy worldy and had some great wine.

Got my new company car which is amazing. Every bell and whistle from heated leather seats to dual climate control. Also got a new I phone.

Also just missed out on the coolest rental. A two bedroom cottage actually inside Windsor Castle. How cool would that have been.

IKNOWC but I started my new job today and it was a fantastic day.

Office is stunning and opposite Windsor Castle and was Queen Victorias private rail entry / waiting room and is fully restored.

My boss seems great and took me for a lovely lunch at one of the best pubs in Windsor - 17the century and very oldy worldy and had some great wine.

Got my new company car which is amazing. Every bell and whistle from heated leather seats to dual climate control. Also got a new I phone.

Also just missed out on the coolest rental. A two bedroom cottage actually inside Windsor Castle. How cool would that have been.

Glad it is working out

Just gone through the forum and noticed that just about every last message was posted by me...... so am I talking to myself here? Is there anyone else out there? Or am I in Mod-overload?

Just know that I am loving the cooling weather in Perth and the wonderful bottle of Wahu (NZ Semillon Blanc) that is about to give me a second glass!!!

Good. Off today to sign for the rental - damned expensive as it is in the heart of Windsor, but only have to keep it 6 months, so that gives us time to look for something else. Its also an apartment and we want a house. Then appointment at the bank to open our account. Also need to get a bed today and then pick up the sofa at the weekend. But, by Monday, we will be fully settled. Pretty good going given 3 weeks ago we didn't even know we were making the move!

It was gorgeous here yesterday - even the Chihuahua was sun bathing in the garden. But cold and grey today.

Chilling at home after a lovely day at the girls sports carnival and a lovely dinner at Goodfellas Restaurant. Their surf and turf is the best! Girls absolutely shattered after the carnival but thankfully none of us got sunburnt - we've all become adept at slapping on sunscreen every morning! Hubby prone on the sofa "watching" MotoGP whilst resting his eyes and as soon as the girls are bathed and in bed I'll be off to bed as I'm shattered.

VeryStormy glad things are falling into place and you've found a great job and rental (very envious that you'll be near our old home - Maidenhead!).

• 2 weeks later...