Any pensioned ex-Forces personnel on here?

Guest Mrs Fast Twist

Guest Mrs Fast Twist

We are a family of four coming out to Perth anytime from the end of this year to next Summer (visas dependent). My husband is in the Forces at the moment, waiting to finish his 22 years. He will, on finishing receive an Army pension - is there anyone in the same situation who could tell us whether he would be taxed on this in Oz too? Any comments greatly welcome.

Shelley

Hubby did 22yrs in RN - he gets taxed over here on it - we can take a bit of a hammering on it tax wise depending on what he is earning in wages. You shouldn`t get double taxed though - think there was a form or something he had to do for UK tax - can`t remember exactly it was so long ago but I`ll ask him tomorrow.

Guest Mrs Fast Twist

Thanks Gobbyjock, just wondering about being hammered for tax! A nice little cushion for mortgage payments when we get out there tho! I notice you live in Rockingham, what's it like there? It is one of the areas I'm looking at. Does your OH have anything to do with the naval base near there?

Cheers

Shelley