tax credits

Guest annie

Guest annie

we are going to wa later in the year. trying to figure out how much money we need. will have a salary of around 150,000 but after tax, super an., medicare (according to paycalculator) we will have 100,000. thats just under 2,000 a week. we have 4 children 8-15 and will need to pay rent , school fees, car etc,etc, the usual stuff. Does anyone know what the tax rebate is. i checked on centrlink but couldnt follow it. what i really want to know is how much can be claimed back on tax with rent, school fees, etc??? or if im new in oz maybe we cant claim anything, have no idea how it works. the wage seemed very high untill all the deductions!!!!!!! thanks, any advise would be brilliant, thank you, annie

we are going to wa later in the year. trying to figure out how much money we need. will have a salary of around 150,000 but after tax, super an., medicare (according to paycalculator) we will have 100,000. thats just under 2,000 a week. we have 4 children 8-15 and will need to pay rent , school fees, car etc,etc, the usual stuff. Does anyone know what the tax rebate is. i checked on centrlink but couldnt follow it. what i really want to know is how much can be claimed back on tax with rent, school fees, etc??? or if im new in oz maybe we cant claim anything, have no idea how it works. the wage seemed very high untill all the deductions!!!!!!! thanks, any advise would be brilliant, thank you, annie

Hi Annie... this is the link for the equivalent to Tax Credits in the UK http://www.familyassist.gov.au/ ...if you click on the link Online Services on the right, then scroll down to Estimators, click on Start the Online Estimators and this will take you to Estimate your entitlements...choose the service you want to estimate, then continue and this should take you to the estimator, where at the bottom of the page it says Start Now...this gives you an idea of what you are entitled to...i don't know if you are able to claim on your visa, but hope this helps...:smile: