Salaries

Guest Leeroy1973

Guest Leeroy1973

Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if $72,000 Is reasonable for a HVAC Engineer in Perth please. Also what kind of Tax I am looking to pay 40%?

Thanks

Lee

Guest Amanda Cook

Hi Lee

Firstly the tax isn't as bad as you think. Tax isn't worked out at flat rates so hard to say, but on that income you're looking at paying only 22% of the total, receiving $56,400 net. Refer to this calculator to see what I mean: http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/calculators/income-tax.html

$72k is quite normal for a professional/engineer but it would probably be at the bottom end of the range. Check out seek.com.au as well for any comparisons. I guess anything from $65k to $130k would be "normal", but you will find for obvious reasons that the higher end incomes are likely to be unattractive in some way, maybe in terms of being more remote locations.

Just make sure you search the web as much as you can.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers,

Amanda

• 4 months later...
Guest desertfox52

Hi Lee,

Presume by the time u get this you will already be in Perth.

I moved here 6 weeks ago and my partner joined 3 weeks ago. We both find this place very expensive as regards food , clothes and ordinary living. I have been an ex pat all my working life --for the past 32 yrs - and this is one of the most expensive places that I have lived in. I am lucky as I have car, flat etc provided so my out goings are minimal, but the tax situation is a crippler , but the only up side is the 9% super an contribution that the company has to make , and this is also paid on all my allowances when out of town. So a positive and a negative side. The main negative side is the b----y flies!!!!

Guest Leeroy1973

Hi Desertfox52

Many thanks for your reply, yes we are now in Perth and have been her for 7 weeks, like you said we are finding it a little more expensive than we thought but we are managing so far.

Thanks again

Lee

• 1 year later...