A good living.......

Sammy1970

Just looking for some information regarding the cost of living from people already in Perth. My wife and I have potentially got a combined monthly income of $10k.

What kind of house,living,car can we expect to have on this income. We're a family of 4,

Many Thanks in advance

It's a reasonable income - depending on the lifestyle you want to live .

What type of house and where do you want to live - look at Reiwa and realsestate websites for cost of rent

What type of car do you want to drive - John Hughes is a major car dealter - they'll have a website.

Eating out can be expensive - is that something you do regualrly?

For me the house has to be a 4 x 2, preferably with a pool. Area wise we've been looking at the Joondalup, Burns Beach, Ocean Reef, Hilarys, Iluka, Ellenbrook, Aveley, Wanneroo areas.

Car might not be an issue,as im thinking of bringing ours over, so will probably save on that.

Eating out is something we enjoy or a take-away, possibly 1/2 times a week

Our monthly income could increase, as this is based on my wife only working part-time. My salary alone is roughly $7-$8k per month

Thanks Ali

Edited by Sammy1970

Hi,

We have an income of around 13k a month, we are a family of 3, we have found it fairly expensive here but we manage to live a good standard of living, we pay 620 for a 4 x 2 in edgewater with a pool, we pay around 800 per month for our car which we bought brand new when we got here, we also still send money home as we have a house there which costs us a bit of money!!! foxtel is around 120 i think, my electricity for the last 2 months was 620??? even tho we dont use the ac much, gas is only about 100 per month max, phone and internet is another 100 and childcare is about 900 per month and thats just for 3 days?

we dont go out much, mainly bbq in the garden!! but we do go for lunch a lot and enjoy coffee and breakfast out sometimes too!! 10k is a decent wage and i think if your just a bit sensible that will be fine, im useless at saving, always have been!! You will also find ways of saving money once your here, ie finding cheaper grocery shops, buying stuff on special etc... the good thing is for kids so much is free and we can have days out at the weekend and its just the cost of a small picnic which we couldnt do at home!!

hope that helps a bit!