Do most people in Perth use Mortgage Brokers?

Erin

Here in UK we all scour the web and look for a mortgage deal and then apply etc etc. I have heard somewhere that in Australia people primarily use mortgage brokers. Is that the norm and if so why? I have opened a NAB account but it seems it isn't the normal thing to approach your bank but use a broker . Any body help a newbie to the Australian banking/mortgage (well everything) system.

I am a returning Australian (albeit after 20 years or so) so no visas etc. but I know as little as anyone does about the Australian systems now.

Guest AUSSIE FINANCE BROKER

HI Erin

Yes many people do use a Mortgage Broker because they have nearly all of the lenders available to them and they know which lender will accept certain criteria. Ie non genuine savings, not long in the new job etc.

I have helped plenty of new nigrants from UK get their homeloan when they have been refused by their own bank and have become disheartened.

Mainly because each lender has their own idea of what a perfect cient is.

Feel free to contact me to discuss your mortgage - there is no charge for my service,

regards