Aussie Life Insurance on a 457 ?

Druid

Has any one sorted Life Insurance out while here on a 457, I have been getting some quotes and it says Australian Permanent residents only, but in the UK I am only covered for a short period abroad when working/living away from home, also I dont want to finance a UK policy from Aus, any suggestions greatly appreciated

Hi i am going on a 457 and set mine up with bupa oz from here in the UK. They seemed to be the cheapest and it states suitable for this type of visa. Hope this helps.

Thanks Atchy, I will look them up, I suppose if you declare your intentions from day 1 there should not be a problem, I have applied for PR so I think in the long run I will be ok, I dont trust insurance companies, any excuse not to pay out

• 1 month later...
Guest sumitseoleaderindia

Most life insurance companies proffer two types of insurance policies

Group Insurance Premium- Most employers provide group term insurance policy because you’ll get protection as a large group. Usually the amount is deducted from a paycheck, and all you need to do is to complete the questionnaire. Here are some advantages of group life insurance

• It is easy and convenient
  • No medical examination required
  • Automatic payments from your paycheck

Individual Insurance Policy- An individual insurance policy provides exclusive coverage for your health and well being. In order to attain individual insurance policy, you have to undergo a medical examination, and give insurance company permission to have a sneak peek on your medical records. Here are few advantages of individual life insurance policy

• It is mobile coverage and it won’t end once you leave the job
  • It has a level premium like for 10-20 years or 20-30 years, etc.

• It is a flexible option as compared to group insurance policy because you can convert this policy into whole life insurance policy, according to your whims and wishes.

Thus, before selecting any policy, you need to compare life insurance policies. Cheap life insurance is not the best option; you might have to look into different options.