rental from uk

hi all i have just been offered a job with the perth clinic and was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get a rental ouse from the uk before coming over to perth. hoping to be over jan/feb 2013 any help greatly appreciated also where is a good place to live when starting off thanks:smile2:

Hi :) and congratulations on the job offer!!

The only accommodation you'll be able to get from overseas is short term/holiday let type accommodation. In WA you can't rent a property for the long term unless you have viewed it in person. If you're looking for somewhere within close commuting distance to the city, you could maybe check out our website at www.perthfurnishedrentals.com - all our properties are fully furnished and close to the Perth CBD.

Regards

Jen :)

The only accommodation you'll be able to get from overseas is short term/holiday let type accommodation. In WA you can't rent a property for the long term unless you have viewed it in person. If you're looking for somewhere within close commuting distance to the city, you could maybe check out our website at www.perthfurnishedrentals.com - all our properties are fully furnished and close to the Perth CBD.

Regards

hi jen thanks for the advice i have had a look at your rentals and may well be in touch nearer the time. do you have experiance of being busier at that time (jan/feb) and how far in advance would i have to book

We tend to find that we get about the same level of enquiries all year round, regardless of season. That said, the main school holidays are over the Dec - Feb period, so there is a greater demand for that time. We're already getting queries for early to mid next year, so I would advise finding something and booking it in as early as is practical, so you know you're sorted.

Perth at the moment has a fairly impressive shortage of all kinds of accommodation, even the hotels are heavily booked up, so you do want to get something sorted once you know your arrival dates etc.

Regards

Regards

We may be the exception to the rule but we have managed to secure a long term rental while still in the UK. OH and i are still in the UK. OH leaves 21st June. Our rental is in Melville, SOR (close to OH's work). We found it on Real estate.au. The agents were Ross and Galloway. Long story short, we saw a lovley 4 x 2 with pool advertised, from going on the site the viewings were 2 days later. Emailed all our rental application pack (always best to have everything ready). Were up against 10 other applicants but hey ho we got it. Downside is that we have had to pay from 1st June, even though no one will be in it until nearer end June,so now we are paying out for a house in the UK and one in Oz. Not ideal, but a real weight of our minds considering the apparent scrum fron rentals in Perth, and just knowing that we can go to our long term rental straight away.

I would not advise doing this. There is often a VERY big difference between what you see on line and reality. It is also illegal and it would concern me why an agent would do it

We may be the exception to the rule but we have managed to secure a long term rental while still in the UK. OH and i are still in the UK. OH leaves 21st June. Our rental is in Melville, SOR (close to OH's work). We found it on Real estate.au. The agents were Ross and Galloway. Long story short, we saw a lovley 4 x 2 with pool advertised, from going on the site the viewings were 2 days later. Emailed all our rental application pack (always best to have everything ready). Were up against 10 other applicants but hey ho we got it. Downside is that we have had to pay from 1st June, even though no one will be in it until nearer end June,so now we are paying out for a house in the UK and one in Oz. Not ideal, but a real weight of our minds considering the apparent scrum fron rentals in Perth, and just knowing that we can go to our long term rental straight away.