Where are all the Scots?

Hi derham,

We are from Ardrossan, what about you? We are quite new, arrived in january but feel like we've been here for a lot longer!

Small world, I am originally from Saltcoats but we stayed in Ardrossan for about 14 years before we moved away, my in-laws still stay in Ardrossan. We head out in September and are still trying to decide where to Live, any advice?

Guest angiemalc

Im originally from Saltcoats also! got loads of family in Ardrossan, stayed in Kilmarnock for years tho before moving here. I live in Duncraig/Carine - older suburb but got loads of facilities/parks/schools/pub and easy access to the train station. Houses more modern in the newer suburbs tho..

Guest Ali&Paul

Cool, certainly is a small world! I worked in Saltcoats as a hairdresser in Pretty Woman for 9 years. We probably all know each other haha, we should have a 3 towns get together!

We live in Currambine and love it so far! We much preferred the northern suburbs to the southern ones for some reason, just the feel we got for the area I suppose. Connolly is lovely, ocean reef, Iluka (expensive but really nice) Kingsley seems like a nice area and woodvale, Duncraig, there are so many lovely areas to choose from, I hear Clarkson is pretty rough though

Guest Tickety boo

Hiya ,It's a small world I'm from Saltcoats husband from Stevenston though lived in Glasgow for years although latterly had a wee card and gift shop in Saltcoats called Tickety Boo .Definately need to have a Three Towns meet up Were here 9 months with our 5 year old twins living in Scarborough .Loving it on the whole but have a few wee days of homesickness but think my holiday back in January should cure that but so good murder a crumpet out of the Kandy Bar !

Guest Ali&Paul
Hiya ,It's a small world I'm from Saltcoats husband from Stevenston though lived in Glasgow for years although latterly had a wee card and gift shop in Saltcoats called Tickety Boo .Definately need to have a Three Towns meet up Were here 9 months with our 5 year old twins living in Scarborough .Loving it on the whole but have a few wee days of homesickness but think my holiday back in January should cure that but so good murder a crumpet out of the Kandy Bar !

Haha, I could so go a wee roll n slice and a crumpet from the Kandy bar!

I knew you must've had Tickety Boo, the username gave it away! Lol.

I was talking to jackie before I left and she mentioned you were here. I was often in the shop, you should open one here, it was fab!

A 3 towns meet up (or piss up) ;-) sounds great!

Guest Tickety boo
Haha, I could so go a wee roll n slice and a crumpet from the Kandy bar!

I knew you must've had Tickety Boo, the username gave it away! Lol.

I was talking to jackie before I left and she mentioned you were here. I was often in the shop, you should open one here, it was fab!

A 3 towns meet up (or piss up) ;-) sounds great!

Hiya ,how are you liking it ?Are you working as s hairdresser here -they cost a fortune although every time I go nowI'm tracking down the cheaper ones!!Youll have found the Star of the North butchers that does slice sausageand tatties scones we make a wee regular trip up there then go and see my pal in Ocean Reef.I'll give you a shout on my next time and maybe get a coffee ?

Guest Ali&Paul
Hiya ,how are you liking it ?Are you working as s hairdresser here -they cost a fortune although every time I go nowI'm tracking down the cheaper ones!!Youll have found the Star of the North butchers that does slice sausageand tatties scones we make a wee regular trip up there then go and see my pal in Ocean Reef.I'll give you a shout on my next time and maybe get a coffee ?

We are loving it so far! How about you? We feel like we've been here for years, lol. Oh we often get the slice/tattie scones from the one at the Currambine shops, is that the one you mean? I didn't even know the name of it!

I was working in a salon in duncraig for a few months when we first arrived but I didn't like, its so different the way they work and you're right it's bloody expensive! Im just doing mobile now, its good coz I can fit it around the kids.

Defo give me a shout when your coming up next time, a coffee sounds great! xx

Hi Derham

just wondered if you have a job to go to as we are doing a similar route to you - IELTS Done although being reassessed as 7.5 and need 8. Skills being assessed for Building Associate visa....

We are taking 5-6 weeks out when we arrive in September, we also like the looks of NOR but may well depend on what school we decide to send the kids to and obviously cost.

We'll need to have a 3 towns Barbie.

Hi Derham

just wondered if you have a job to go to as we are doing a similar route to you - IELTS Done although being reassessed as 7.5 and need 8. Skills being assessed for Building Associate visa....

Hi, No we are going out in September and keepers fingers crossed I'll get a decent role when i move out.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cc1983
Since being in Perth I have come across a lot of English and just about every second person seems to be Irish but where are all the Scottish? I have only met 1 or 2 and very rarely hear a Scottish accent on the street!! :err:

I am Scottish and moving over myself mid september.....will be looking for some drinking partners!

• 5 years later...