How to calculate salary's

Guest Little Miss Sunshine

Hi, im sorry if this is a bit of a silly question but ive seen a few threads on here discussing salarys and conversion of salarys. Im guessing that you dont convert your salary against the exchange rate but in a different way?? The couple of discussions ive seen are talking about '2.2' and '2.5' Could anyone tell me anymore pls? It would be good just to have an idea of salary for my OH (Gas Fitter) as a rough estimate as we havnt got long left in the UK.

Thanks

Kat x

Hi, im sorry if this is a bit of a silly question but ive seen a few threads on here discussing salarys and conversion of salarys. Im guessing that you dont convert your salary against the exchange rate but in a different way?? The couple of discussions ive seen are talking about '2.2' and '2.5' Could anyone tell me anymore pls? It would be good just to have an idea of salary for my OH (Gas Fitter) as a rough estimate as we havnt got long left in the UK.

Thanks

Kat x

Divide your Australian salary by a rate of 2.2 and that will show you roughly the wage / quality of living you'd get if it were back in the UK.....so -

$100,000 = £66,000

But due to the higher cost of living, it's the equivalent of = £46,000

So for that $100,000 you'll get a similar quality of life in Australia as what you would get in the UK on £46,000

Edited by ScottishGuy

Once you have worked out your Gross income, Google 'Jaws Income Tax Calculator' and plug in the figure and it breaks your take home wage into weekly fortnightly and more, but it will be a little on the high side as it doesn't take into account all the different levies the government slugs you for.

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies, they are very helpful. We are just trying to get a rough estimate what potentially my OH will be earning hopefully!

Thanks

Kat x:cool: