Where to stay in north perth ??

Guest vickilb77

Guest vickilb77

Hi

Can anyone advise us on where a good base is to explore north Perth

we are looking to rent a holiday villa for the first 4 weeks then find a nice rental but as we have have never been to perth we have no clue where to go !

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

the nicest place in north Perth i would have to say would be Butler one of the last suburbs north in the metro area. Its abit far up in comparison to the city but if you are driving then exploring the place will not be a problem.

not far from there is Ocean keys shopping center thats the main shops for the clarkson area, but there are shops located in Butler including a English Shop (Taste of Britain).

then the next major place south would be joondalup they are considered to be the city in a city. Its just had a major referb on the place and the shops are quite impressive. It is aslo the place for the cinema and pubs and nightclubs well in that area any way.

if you would like to know anything else please feel free to contact me. Im currently back in England but hope to be back out there soon.

please dont think of the north of Perth as just up Joondalup way, have a trip to Ellenbrook or Aveley, Aveley is the newest suberb, and we are right where the wineries are, there are loads of homes on the market at the moment, most just built you would be spoilt for choice/ and price. We are 15 mins from Midland which has every store, and only 30 mins from Perth and beach, we are far enough out to be far enough in. The countryside where the wineries are is lovely, did i mention the wineries. There are a few caravan parks with homes to rent out, give it some thought or at least come and see, if you are looking at property get in touch with me 0414420521;)

• 2 months later...
Guest vik,john&milly

we looked both south and north,and we preferred north.depending upon your expectations and budget areas vary drastically.I would have loved to rent in subiaco but it is pricey and you don't seem to get a lot for your money,but your not far from the city.We have rented in Duncraig we have a park on our doorstep a pool and it takes 15-20mins on the train to the city and we are a 5min drive to the beach.It suits us as we have a 3yr old.It's one of those things that only you can decide whats best(we listened to advice about certain areas and found that they were awfull when we looked at them)Good luck vikki.