TENT - To bring from UK or not

kirsteen

Guest katmac2012

Definitely bring it .. we sold all our camping stuff before leaving the uk and now regret it as many people have told us the campsites here are excellant.

We just bought a new tent and we thought we got a good deal ( $400 $ 8 person ) sale :) if id have had them and i was shipping id bring it all .. google kangeroocity.com and kellys and other camping shops , my only thing was the tent must have a tub ground sheet fully sown in and seeled hehe plus fly screens .. Grays online auctions do camping stuff too :)

Can anyone tell me should we bring a nice new tent with us form the UK or can you buy a super tent in austrlia with extra tight bug (spider and snake) keeper outers. Ie are the tents over there any different to ours in UK?

Most tents here are made in China or Korea or some other CHEAP place, if you have a decent 'European made' tent bring it, also your UK tent is built for weather, here they are not, they are built for sunny weather, but it does actually rain here and get quite cold out of the summer months, all of my UK tents can keep all the bugs out

We wanted to take ours but was told by the shipping company to sell it and buy over there because if customs find one blade of grass or a bug you'll pay to have it cleaned ,and at 180 dollars an hour we thought we'd sell ours and buy over there.

Also aussie tents are made a little different .

We wanted to take ours but was told by the shipping company to sell it and buy over there because if customs find one blade of grass or a bug you'll pay to have it cleaned ,and at 180 dollars an hour we thought we'd sell ours and buy over there.

Also aussie tents are made a little different .

We layed ours out on the garage floor and cleaned them to like new, they were spotless, the ground sheets were cleaned using Jeyes fluid, when you packed them up after they were dry, you could still smell the jeyes fluid, I havnt unpacked them yet, when i do if they still smell of jeyes fluid they will probably go in the bin, we brought 4 tents over, AQIS never unpacked one?, oh yes dont forget to clean the tent pegs, we used wire wool and yet more jeyes fluid :wacko: