How much £'s to bring and how easy to get a job?builder and hairdresser.x

Guest emma128

Guest emma128

Hi there,i hope someone can help,my husband and i are planning on moving to the south west coast of Perth early part of next year and was wondering how much anyone thinks we would need to take,we both wanna start work asap he's a builder and i'm a hairdresser and am hoping to find work,does anyone know roughly if would it take us long to start earning a wage and roughly what is the average take home for us in our trades?We both are 35 yrs old and have been in them trades since school so we have plenty of experience.

Hope to hear from someone ppplllease.x

hi emma,i am also heading over to oz may next year ,im hoping that our visa will be through in the next day or so my other half is a mechanical,electrical engineer we r very fortunate that he has a job lined up so he goes on feb next year ,i am also a hairdresser and have done a huge amount of research on the job situation for myself ,if u go onto the ozzy job centre website u will find jobs of plenty for our line of work not all of them have salarys disclosed but the ones that do have ur looking at between $25-$30 an hour hope this helps x

Guest Sunset
hi emma,i am also heading over to oz may next year ,im hoping that our visa will be through in the next day or so my other half is a mechanical,electrical engineer we r very fortunate that he has a job lined up so he goes on feb next year ,i am also a hairdresser and have done a huge amount of research on the job situation for myself ,if u go onto the ozzy job centre website u will find jobs of plenty for our line of work not all of them have salarys disclosed but the ones that do have ur looking at between $25-$30 an hour hope this helps x

We had enough of our own money to be able to put a deposit on a house, buy furniture and car etc... You really need to make sure you have enough financial backing to take care of your family etc...

And it is better if you both work...

Edited by Sunset

Guest emma128

Hiya thanks Paula yeah I have done plenty of Internet research but as you say never see exactly what the wages are so than k you that's a great help.Good luck for both of you.

Guest emma128

Yeah we wanna take enough as we don't want to struggle...who does!!!As for work as I said before we both wana start ASAP.we are both hard workers so hopefully we'll be ok.Theres only one way to find out.!

Yeah we wanna take enough as we don't want to struggle...who does!!!As for work as I said before we both wana start ASAP.we are both hard workers so hopefully we'll be ok.Theres only one way to find out.!

Emma, hope this helps, but I know a hairdresser who went to Perth for 1 week in June with the sole intention of securing sponsorship - she did and they leave in October. So think there are probably jobs there ...... good luck. When you get your visa and flight booked, why not try lining up interviews from here then they know you are serious. That's what I'll be doing (if we ever get the visa)!!