Finding it in possible to get a rental :(

Guest Mrst9ddy

Guest Mrst9ddy

How hard is it to get a rental here . The viewings are all in the week at different times , with my husband being a paramedic these are really hard to attend , with his shifts . Plus so many people go to these viewings it's unbelievable I didn't no it would be this hard it driving me mad we are very hard working family with 3 children very house proud and looking at paying 550 weekly I though for that price we would find somewhere nice fairly fast but boy was I wrong !!!

1,000 people a week are moving to WA so the radio keeps saying - and all the Brits will be heading to where you are!

Geez time to leave :biggrin: When we arrived it was reasonably quiet, much cheaper and more Aussies than anyone else. As Bob once sang, "The Times they are a Changing......". The question is where to go to? The country is too hot, Margaret River too isolated and up north is, well, up north.

we've been here for nearly 3 weeks and with a dog ad 2 kids it is proving impossible, we can pay up to $800 a week but as I don't have a job yet they are not interested, I've even said w will pay 6 months up front but still not interested. Went to see 4 today, first was a dump and the other three had been leased. Starting to think this move was a bad idea :-(((

we've been here for nearly 3 weeks and with a dog ad 2 kids it is proving impossible, we can pay up to $800 a week but as I don't have a job yet they are not interested, I've even said w will pay 6 months up front but still not interested. Went to see 4 today, first was a dump and the other three had been leased. Starting to think this move was a bad idea :-(((

You are sounding like a parody of your football team :wink: They have gone under and "down" to a lower place, canny get an away win to save themselves, have loads of money in the new company but canny buy a thing and are now wondering if they have bitten off more than they can chew :biggrin: Stick at it though and something positive will happen for you. It is only three weeks after all.

For those seeking rental I'd recommend to not stop looking. Grab the first house that is offered, and don't look at the conditions at first. Housing / having a roof over the head is very very important; after getting a job it will be easier.

Good luck to all and cheers!

sadly that is what a lot of rentals are like...they are not pristine because they are rentals. We have not had any problems in getting a rental...few rentals available with dog though. We tried for one in Madora Bay that I loved and got it and that was with 3 kids and a dog. You need to have references so even get a reference from your temporary rental when you first arrived. Just keep trying it the only advice.

Yup .. look at something different if it's a foot in the door .. go make friends with an agent ... look at gumtree or the homebound websites :)

Remember the house you rent isnt always the one you would buy !!

Have you looked at Baldivis , Singleton , Shoalwater ,( Waikiki beachside ) or harrington waters .. all add ons to the area's you have mentioned :)

Great advice Suzy Q, about getting your short term rental landlord to give a reference - we do this all the time for our tenants. The RE agents like it too, because it's easy, one local phone call and they find out if the prospective tenants pay the rent on time and keep the place clean. These are the only two questions they ever seem to ask me - I think I'd fall over from shock if they asked anything else!!

We are still looking and we are family of 5 (wife, 2 boys and a dog), as we have kids at school we need to be within a catchment area of certain schools (atwell, comet bay and mindarie to name a few), our oldest will be sitting his WACE this year so we can't afford to move him too much. We are considering a private school to give us flexiblity. Any good 4 bed homes in Baldivis or secret harbour would be great.

We are still looking and we are family of 5 (wife, 2 boys and a dog), as we have kids at school we need to be within a catchment area of certain schools (atwell, comet bay and mindarie to name a few), our oldest will be sitting his WACE this year so we can't afford to move him too much. We are considering a private school to give us flexiblity. Any good 4 bed homes in Baldivis or secret harbour would be great.

Hi Derham, I am renting in Baldivis and breaking my lease, leaving on 3/11. It is a lovely 4x2, $425 pw, private landlord. If you are interested let me know and I can contact the landlord. The house is walking distance to Tranby College (private school) and Settlers primary. Take care, Michelle x