Renting and vacating. Professional cleaning

So our inspection went well. Apart from mould in shower caused by a dripping shower that wont stop dripping!

So, we now, hopefully, have secured our next unfurnished rental. I asked the agent yesterday about cleaning and she said yes, as the standard I did yesterday. Now she is telling my husband we need professional cleaners to clean the oven and 'wet areas' Should I ask for proof of this from the agent to make sure it was done before we moved in, ie a receipt?

Who do I contact for this service if we need to do it?

Linda@no9, never a truer word was spoken!! We have had any number of professional cleaning companies in to clean our properties. They fall into one of two categories - either they do an ordinary job the first time (in which case, of course, we never use them again) or they do a reasonable job the first time, we get excited, we book them for another property cleaning - and they do an ordinary job!! It is really disheartening.

One example - last time I asked a company to scrub the kitchen and bathroom floors (tiled areas). I specified 'scrubbed', as this was a hands and knees job, and we had another property turnover in the same weekend, so we were flat out. Anyhow I went to check on it, and I'm so glad I did - not only had they obviously not been scrubbed, but there were dirty water marks left all over the tiles. I even took photos (which of course I can't find now!). Yes, so I ended up washing the floors myself and being most annoyed. That's $150 and two hours of my life I'll never get back....and that was just to sort out the floors!

So yes, I agree - the professional cleaners probably won't do as good a job as you would, sadly :confused:

re windows?

if windows are obstructed by bushes etc and tenant cannot access windows to clean what is the situation there? also these windows have not been cleaned prior to our moving in ?

un removeable fly screens? how do you access the outside to clean that part of the window???

glad the inspection went well linda bet you are relieved.

Elfie, was this noted on your property inspection report when you moved in? (that the windows were already dirty and/or unaccessible)? I ask because if it was, then you should be fine. In terms of fly screens you can't take out - what I do with ours, if they are in front of a sliding panel, is actually take the window panel out and leave the flyscreen in. Then I wash the window panel and replace. This is often so much easier than trying to remove the screens! My lovely husband managed to break a couple of flyscreen frames doing this, before I started taking out the glass panelled bit. If the flyscreen is fixed in front of a fixed glass panel, well what can you do?! Nothing that I can think of!!

I must admit that having short term properties, I have never expected our tenants to clean windows.... seems awfully unfair if they're only going to be there for three months to expect them to do it!!