Property condition report, is this normal?

I have moved into my new long term rental, all is good and I am hoping it stays that way. Just one question though:

ive received the property condition report from the agent, but every item just says...intact.

Nothing more, no comments on anything, although in fairness there isn't much to say. But do I correct it, to say things like weeds on drive, light not working etc?

Just worried that in time, intact leaves it very open to interpretation and doesn't say anything about condition. I'm lucky it's all quite new but still can't help wondering...

You must definately put EVERYTHING, even things like dirty tracks or cobwebs, definately anything not working or weeds and they will sign it and send you a signed copy or they might say they'll come round to have a look (although I doubt that) because when you eventually move out you have to leave the property in EXACLY the same way as the property condition report says, otherwise they'll start deducting money from your bond, Jen is right take photos you might be glad you did one day! And if it says 'Intact' and you disagree, put this in the comments box don't just sign it!

Cheers

Fiona

I have moved into my new long term rental, all is good and I am hoping it stays that way. Just one question though:

ive received the property condition report from the agent, but every item just says...intact.

Nothing more, no comments on anything, although in fairness there isn't much to say. But do I correct it, to say things like weeds on drive, light not working etc?

Just worried that in time, intact leaves it very open to interpretation and doesn't say anything about condition. I'm lucky it's all quite new but still can't help

wondering...

YES YES YES take pictures of everything also if its not as stated make a note and also send adjustments in an email send emails always and follow up with a phone call and keep them print them out and keep

good luck

I would also recommend that as well as getting acknowledgement from the agent of your updates, also seek evidence that the owner has also seen the amendments. The agents wording is often very ambiguous to not only allow them to interpret it as they see fit when your leaving, but also to cover if they've not been doing a good enough job from the monitoring previous tenants.

Thanks for all your advice, its then agent that worries me, I've met the landlord and we've been in touch direct about many things, I just the agent make be less easy going at the end of the tenancy. As for dirty window tracks and frames...I have a few of those,,filled with rubble and cobwebs. But whats the best way to clean the metal, it looks so discoloured, can it be cleaned back to its original colour with anything?

I sounds like the owners dont always see these reports? Is that right?

I would also recommend that as well as getting acknowledgement from the agent of your updates, also seek evidence that the owner has also seen the amendments. The agents wording is often very ambiguous to not only allow them to interpret it as they see fit when your leaving, but also to cover if they've not been doing a good enough job from the monitoring previous tenants.

That's right, the owners typically don't deal with tenants at all, so you are at the mercy of the RE agent.

With the dirty window tracks, 1) get photos first! then 2) I usually vacuum them out, then wash the windows, then use an old toothbrush to get most of the cr@p out of the tracks themselves.

If you don't vacuum them out first, they become a nightmare to clean - filthy wet gunk goes everywhere.