Holiday let length? 4 or 6 weeks?

Even if we are coming in may? Have heard its worse over summer but not sure if time of year makes a jot of difference or not.

Summer is harder, simply because that's when teachers and Defence staff are moving, but it's kind of like comparing 'bad' to 'terrible'. The shortage of properties is an ongoing issue in Perth's metro and isn't hugely affected by the seasons.

Guest pom on the move
Struggling to decide btw a 4 or 6 week rental when we arrive, anyone have any thoughts?

We thought we had settled on 4 and knew we would have to start looking for a long term one straight away but one rental agent had said the market is very tough and recommends at least 6 weeks?

Hi there it really depends on you, your time & money. We stayed at a caravan park for 2 weeks which we cut down to 10 days. OH was about for a week before he started work so I left our 2 young children with him & got on it. Yes it is hard getting a rental but if you are organised before hand it will go better. I checked out the paper registered with real estates by going into offices & looking on websites.

There are plenty of rentals about just also lots of people looking so you need to be up early & on it asap when you get here. If you do as much research on areas as you can before getting here this may help narrow down where you want to start.

Remember you don't have to live in the house you pick for ever, 6 months a year then you can look else well when you have a better feeling for the place, best way to save money as short terms are not cheap.

Good Luck

The rental market is really tight over here, and I don't think this is seasonal, so will not be any better in May I'm afraid. We normally recommend that you take a furnished rental for up to 3 months. This will give you time to take a look around the areas and get a feel for the suburb you want to settle in, and then let you apply for the houses you want to rent rather than having to settle for whatever you can get. It may seem like a long time, but it is worth investing the time to make sure you get the right area to ensure the best start to your new life.

Good luck with your planning

Tracey

I got a rental before i got here through an agent, i told a mate to accept first one offered and he did, i figured if its bad i will sit it out for a year and look for something different.

Holiday rentals are crazy prices in my opinion but i am a single guy so easy to please, my mind is, its a rental so does it really matter for one year???? I dont have a pool a garden but i have a bed and a sofa out of gumtree slept on the floor for a few days it was fine.

My advice if you want move straight into a palace then pay the money, if you are able to rough it a bit it will save u a small fortune.