Arriving in perth 2013,renting short term etc

bwatt99

Coming to perth may 2013

myself,wife and baby at the time about 8/9 months will be finally moving to australia in perth,we will not have any rental sorted out before we go as i believe you can get that until your over there.

So what do most of you do when you first arrive there,i hear that holiday rentals for first weeks etc are often used,until you find a place to rent.

Anyone know of places that offer this,anyone on here who offers such places and any contacts etc.

Also the best places to find and look for rentals,this will probably be our next move to rent and then when we are settled and i have a job etc etc then buy our own place.

So when you renting over there how does it all work?

It would be nice to have a place with a pool,renting and also when we finally buy,must be a british thing.

I have my own place here in the uk so i hear reference are a good thing to have when trying to rent over there,but i have never rented but owned my own place.

So any ideas what i do here?

Hi and welcome!

We do fully furnished short term accommodation - our website is www.perthfurnishedrentals.com. Tracey, another poster on here, also does short term lets - her website is http://www.ozhouserental.com.

Best places to look for longer term unfurnished rentals is www.realestate.com.au, www.domain.com.au and www.reiwa.com.au. You could also try the Perth Gumtree site http://www.gumtree.com.au/ where private landlords often advertise.

As we mostly have tenants from overseas, we have provided a lot of verbal and written references to real estate agents who are checking out potential tenants. You could always ask the person who runs wherever you end up staying to do this also. RE agents pretty much ask only a handful of questions (did they pay a bond/is the place kept clean/do they pay rent on time/would you rent to them again), but they really do like local references, I guess as they're easy to check out. A bank statement showing a healthy balance is also very handy for rental applications.

Jen :)