Moving to Perth in March 2013 -yippee!!!

Guest carrieannos

Guest carrieannos

Hi, my husband John and I are really excited to be moving to Perth on a sponsorship visa for a company in Como. I never realised how hard it is to find a rental property. If anyone knows of properties to rent that will accept our 2 cats - they are well behaved and clean :smile: We are looking for a quiter area ie a cul de sac, out of town location, we love the sea or the hills. We are looking to spend up to $700 pw - any suggestions please as we don't have much of an idea so all info welcome. Thanks loads for your advise.

Guest carrieannos

Hi Ali thanks for the info. I have been looking at different websites so will check this one out as well. I think that is what we are going to have to do - can you recommend any good holiday letting sites? I have found a couple - one from here actually a lovely lady called Tracy replied to me - but nothing yet. On another note can you recommend any areas to live in particularly? I was looking at Joondalup, Quinns, Edgewater, Connolly, Waikki, Ocean Reef - are they 'good' areas? Thanks again :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carrieannos
Hi,

Did you fund a place yet? How many bedrooms? Would you like a house or apartment? Furnished or unfurnished?

Jessica

Hi Jessica no not yet. I had an email about a 3 bed in Clarkson to take over a lease in mid March but its still tentative as the person coming out of it is awaiting a job offer back in the UK.

We have decided it's not probably best not to bring our 2 cats to open more opportunities - as well as to prevent them having to go through the ordeal. We ideally want a 2 bed min, with a min of 1 parking space, 1 bathroom, ideally a house but would not say no to an apartment. Again not bothered furnished or unfurnished as we want to get set up straight away I guess furnished would be better. It also means we dont have to worry about getting our furniture out we can leave it this end.

We will probably end up getting a holiday rental for a few weeks and really hope to get something more long term asap but following on from the link to the article Philpom sent we will end up living on the beach for a while - I can think of worse places :wink:

Any properties you have in mind? Dont we have to view rental properties before making an offer?

Carrie

Guest carrieannos

there has to be a negative in somewhere so amazing as Perth - and that is its so good everyone wants a part of it :)

thanks for info best to have eyes wide open

Carrie

Guest jessicaMHIP

Hi Carrie,

If everything is still open than it's much easier to rent a house. It took me just 1 minute to find this house;

http://reiwa.com.au/Buy/Pages/More-info.aspx?SearchType=RESSALE&listingno=3271365&listingid=10270296&sac=3122&sac_type=CK

maybe it's something for you?

It's better to view a house before you would like to do an offer, but if you're not in the country than you have to make a decision. Maybe there other people who can take a look for you. The renting market is at this moment very difficult. You see houses pass al the time and you have to be quick if you like the place.

Jessica

Hi, my husband John and I are really excited to be moving to Perth on a sponsorship visa for a company in Como. I never realised how hard it is to find a rental property. If anyone knows of properties to rent that will accept our 2 cats - they are well behaved and clean :smile: We are looking for a quiter area ie a cul de sac, out of town location, we love the sea or the hills. We are looking to spend up to $700 pw - any suggestions please as we don't have much of an idea so all info welcome. Thanks loads for your advise.

We are moving to Perth in may and my boyfriend's office is in como. Thinking therefore south but I don't really know. Don't know Perth at all really but I think south of the city is best for working in como.

Mags.

Guest carrieannos

Hi Jessica

that was so lovely of you to send me that link, thank you - and that is exactly the type of house and furniture we love!

I see if was up for rent in Jan 2013 - but I am going to email them to see if it has gone or indeed, is available still. Do you know what the area is like?

I dont know anyone in Perth asides my new boss to be who I met only via interview, so I guess its all going to be done via photos and gut instinct - and helpful advice from people like you :biggrin:

Guest carrieannos

Hi Mags

good luck with the move to Perth - where are you coming from? Its an exciting time but a little daunting when you havent got a clue about the area and looking for somewhere to live!

Maybe catch up in Como at some point :biggrin:

Guest jessicaMHIP

Hi Carrie,

No worries! It's also my job to help others with this ;-) So if you need more help let me know maybe I can help you with some things. You can email me if you like; info@myhomeinperth.com of course without any conditions.

The area is not that busy and you can hop on the ferry to get to the CBD with the nice restaurants, bars and shops. The area around the river is pretty nice. There are BBQ's, it's nice to have a picnic, to walk, cycle, run and you have a good view of the skyline. The beach is about 20 min drive. It's very difficult to know where you would like to live if you don't know the city, suburbs and don't know what it looks like. I was in the same position a while ago. We chose to live in the city because my boyfriend works in the city and it's very central. The beach not to far away, the hills only 20 min away etc. But I wouldn't recommend it for family's with children.

Let me know about the house in south Perth! Good luck!

Jessica

• 2 weeks later...

HI Carrie

In Sydney at the moment, moved out here in September. It was always just going for be for about 6 months so my boyfriend could spend some time in the head office here before they move us over to Perth where we will be permanently It is a company called Svitzer he works for. We moved from Copenhagen to Sydney where we use to live but we are both Scottish. You will love it out here, it was such a good move for us.

My boyfriend has to go to Perth at the beginning of March for business so think I am going to come over with him and check out some places. We will be moving at the end of April for good.

Good luck with the move, hope that you find something soon.

M

Hi Mags

good luck with the move to Perth - where are you coming from? Its an exciting time but a little daunting when you havent got a clue about the area and looking for somewhere to live!

Maybe catch up in Como at some point :biggrin: