Which bank?

Guest littlebush

Guest littlebush

Hi,

I am emigrating from the UK next year but coming out for a holiday at Easter this year so would like to open a bank account from the UK before i head off in 3 months.

But which bank?

I have a few questions from my research so far:

1) Do all bank charge for withdrawals?

2) Do all banks have monthly charges?

If not, then which bank's do not make these charges?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I am emigrating from the UK next year but coming out for a holiday at Easter this year so would like to open a bank account from the UK before i head off in 3 months.

But which bank?

I have a few questions from my research so far:

1) Do all bank charge for withdrawals?

2) Do all banks have monthly charges?

If not, then which bank's do not make these charges?

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave

I'm with Westpac and they seem pretty good. If I have any questions or problems I speak directly with a relationship manager who deals with immigrants and he is very helfpul. We don't pay monthly fees or get charged for withdrawing money. I based my choice on: size of bank, numbers of ATMs, savings account rate, availability of a business account, ability to open account from UK.

Cheers

Ross

Guest wendyjd

I opened an account with NAB from the UK and they've been good so far. No charges as long as you withdraw from one of their ATMs (there are plenty). I transfer money from the UK via Moneycorp which is free to NAB account customers. Basically, shouldn't be a problem!

Hi

We used NAB as the were no monthly charges. My other half set it up from the uk before we came out & have had no problems so far. We also used a company called Moneycorp to transfer our funds across as they don't charge unlike banks.

bec