Uk visitors want to see WA without car - any advice?

Mrspegs

We have friends visiting in July and they want to spend a few days heading north - thinking Ningaloo etc. However, they do not drive. Does anyone know how accessible these places are without a car and can you recommend places that would be good to visit as we have not travelled anywhere yet so don't know what it's like. They are thinking of getting an internal flight but don't if they can get around these places once they arrive.

They can travel by coach or train to the more regional area. Services leave from East Perth Station. Once there im not sure how accessible public tranport is. They can get to the likes of Monkey Mia that way, or closer would be the Margaret River region.

Internal flights to most places, but truthfully if i was going to get a flight i would rather go to another state, say Adelaide or Alice Springs or if they have never been before head for the Eastern States.

I dont think regional WA is a place you can visit easily without a car but do check out the services from East Perth. Do remember thats it winter here in July though, wont be as many services as in the summer.

That said, June/July is the perfect time of year to visit Ningaloo - 28 degrees and sunny. Perfect weather. We used to go every year to Exmouth in the school holidays between 2nd and 3rd terms, it was enough to stop my mum coming down with bronchitis every year.

Re transport while you're there, I'd advise doing some serious googling. Generally regional areas aren't good when it comes to public transport.