Moving to Perth from Dubai

Guest Rekha

Hello friends !!

Finally We got PR for western australia. Moving to Perth in March. I am from IT having 9 years of experience.First I will be moving to find a job. Once i get it i will bring my daughter and parents, daughter is 14 month old.

I want help to know few informations from this forum,

1. Which will be best accomodation type to go for as a single lady which is more economical. I heard area wise south perth is good to start with

2. How is the IT market ? How soon is possible to get an IT job

3. How much is the cost of single bedroom apartment.

4. Initially me and my husband require 20 days stay together and then he will be returning back to dubai. which is best go for ?

5. how safe is perth ?

6. Once i get an offer letter, Can I take visit visa for my parents immedietly ?

Pls help to clarify..

Thanks,

Rekha

Hi Rekha, congratulations on the visa! You must be very excited :) And welcome to the forum!

I can't answer all your questions but I should be able to help with a few.

1. There is an extreme shortage of accommodation generally in Perth. Just finding an available one bedroom apartment will be difficult, if you are looking for a furnished property. You could perhaps try checking gumtree out? Here is the link to the 'wanted' section for accommodation: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-real-estate/perth/c9296l3008303?ad=wanted

Generally tenants are required to pay four weeks' rent up front (this is called the bond) and the first two weeks' rent on arrival. There's a whole lot of information at the Department of Commerce, under the Consumer Protection section: http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProtection/Content/Property_renting/Renting_and_tenancy/Tenants/index.htm

2. In terms of looking for jobs generally, try www.seek.com.au. What area in IT do you work in? (support, network admin, etc)

3. Cost of apartments vary depending on location and whether it is furnished or unfurnished. (You'll find that Aussies tend to call them 'units' rather than 'apartments' as well.) If you have a look through the gumtree ads, you will get some idea as to cost. If you are looking for completely unfurnished, you could also try www.realestate.com.au or www.reiwa.com.au.

4. Not quite sure what you are asking here, but if you rent a property of course your husband can stay with you :)

5. Perth is very safe. If you wear a hijab or burkha you may encounter some prejudice, but generally Australians are very tolerant. It also helps that Australia is a very multicultural society, as you will find when you arrive.

Good luck for your move!

Regards

Jen :)

I really appreciate Your help Jen, Thanks.

I am business analyst and can take up any role in testing area also. Basically I am a Java programmer, entered into business analyst role past 3 years. I can think of getting a job with in a month ?

Regards

Rekha

Hi Rekha, congratulations on the visa! You must be very excited :) And welcome to the forum!

I can't answer all your questions but I should be able to help with a few.

1. There is an extreme shortage of accommodation generally in Perth. Just finding an available one bedroom apartment will be difficult, if you are looking for a furnished property. You could perhaps try checking gumtree out? Here is the link to the 'wanted' section for accommodation: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-real-estate/perth/c9296l3008303?ad=wanted

Generally tenants are required to pay four weeks' rent up front (this is called the bond) and the first two weeks' rent on arrival. There's a whole lot of information at the Department of Commerce, under the Consumer Protection section: http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProtection/Content/Property_renting/Renting_and_tenancy/Tenants/index.htm

2. In terms of looking for jobs generally, try www.seek.com.au. What area in IT do you work in? (support, network admin, etc)

3. Cost of apartments vary depending on location and whether it is furnished or unfurnished. (You'll find that Aussies tend to call them 'units' rather than 'apartments' as well.) If you have a look through the gumtree ads, you will get some idea as to cost. If you are looking for completely unfurnished, you could also try www.realestate.com.au or www.reiwa.com.au.

4. Not quite sure what you are asking here, but if you rent a property of course your husband can stay with you :)

5. Perth is very safe. If you wear a hijab or burkha you may encounter some prejudice, but generally Australians are very tolerant. It also helps that Australia is a very multicultural society, as you will find when you arrive.

Good luck for your move!

Regards

Jen :)

• 11 months later...