hoping to move soon

Guest doherty4

Guest doherty4

Hi guys,

I've received a job offer to come and work in Perth for BGC Contracting, does anyone work or knows anyone who works for them, any info would be good. Also I'm trying to convince the family that its the right move for us, 2 kids 4 & 5 years and wife in her prime;). What experiences good or bad did you encounter with the move and settling in. I'm looking at the Joondalup / Northern suberbs area's but as I've never been I'm looking for help in making the big decision.:cool:

Guest emi-great

We have a friend who has worked for BGC for some time & he seems quite happy with the job although I arent quite sure what he does. But the firm is a large one & I presume would be OK to work for

Life here is good if you have younger children I think, they seem to settle in well & they seem to love the outdoors life style. There are lots of lovely beaches, parks & lots of different sport type clubs for the kids to join.

It is a big decision moving half way across the world but I think the majority of people do it & settle in fairly well. It is not utopia but we have a fairly laid back life although just like life anywhere we have to work hard for the money!

It is a good opportunity for you & maybe it is worth a try but you both need to be fairly certain that you are happy to give it a go for a couple of years... being tough yorkshire people that wont be a problem!

Good luck with your plans

Eve

www.emi-great.com

Guest doherty4

Thanks for the reply. I've to let them know by the end of next week if I want to take the position. My colleagues in the uk say I would be mad if I dont go. My thoughts are excitement and fear at the same time but if we dont do it we'll never Know if it was the rightmove. More info would be welcome regarding schools, suberbs and the like. Anybody from the Maltby area?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Mate my names james

I lived in clarkson north metro area and i can tell you it would be a great move for you and your family, with your kids being the age they are they will fit straight in and make friends so easy at school it was hard for me because i had just turned 18 and dint go to school or anything but it can be done and you will have a great life out there.

im back in uk at the mo came back for family reasons but if you would like to know anything about the area then feel free to ask and ill help you the best i can, i lived out there for nearly 5 years so got a good idea on schools, shopping, realestate and a few other things.

you can email me if you want on sullivan_artex@yahoo.co.uk

same goes for anyone any questions feel free to email.

James Sullivan