190 Sponsorship...how long?

TheReids

FYI heard back from VIC on why not selected, even though I think I have a strong cv, VIC is hugely competitive within ICT and I just didn't cut the mustard this time round. Read something about an Aussie style cv and clearly communicating the skills You have in a manner the industry expects (which now makes sense); so try Oz up your cv's prior to application.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya everyone, we finally got out ss approved yesterday which took 29 days. we had to provide more information even though we thought we had covered it. I hope the visa application isnt so bad and doesnt drag out.

So where is everyone heading when you finally get there?? were going to spearwood :)

hiya everyone, we finally got out ss approved yesterday which took 29 days. we had to provide more information even though we thought we had covered it. I hope the visa application isnt so bad and doesnt drag out.

So where is everyone heading when you finally get there?? were going to spearwood :)

Congratulations, it seems like it was a good day for state sponsorship approvals yesterday. We had ours approved too along with a couple of others I've noticed.

We arent sure where we will be heading. This will very much depenbd on the work. We would like to live in the Northern Suburbs. Joondalup as we have friends there or Butler, Alkimos etc.

Everybody that has had state sponsorship apporoved recently should stay in touch and we can keep tabs on each others progress.

When are you hoping to head out? we would like November time before the new school year starts in feb so we can get settled.

[quote=ashleymhale;

Everybody that has had state sponsorship apporoved recently should stay in touch and we can keep tabs on each others progress.

When are you hoping to head out? we would like November time before the new school year starts in feb so we can get settled.

Good idea Ashley!! Fingers crossed ours comes through as quickly!

Not sure where we're headed. We're staying with family in Muchea to start with but then it will depend on where we get work and where we can afford.

We'd like to be out there early next year (mid to late Jan). I have a 3 month notice period so it would be great if we get the visa before the end of Sept so I don't have to go back to work after Xmas!!! Just have to hope DIAC move things fairly quickly.

Good idea Ashley!! Fingers crossed ours comes through as quickly!

Not sure where we're headed. We're staying with family in Muchea to start with but then it will depend on where we get work and where we can afford.

We'd like to be out there early next year (mid to late Jan). I have a 3 month notice period so it would be great if we get the visa before the end of Sept so I don't have to go back to work after Xmas!!! Just have to hope DIAC move things fairly quickly.

I have seen most people get their visas in a couple of months. Once we have our application in we are going to try and forget about it. Concentrate on looking at shipping stuff and rentals etc.

Are you using an agent or doing it yourself?

We're using Visa Bureau. They've been incredible so far. My skills assessment was quite involved and they were brilliant at calming down my more panicky moments!!

We're also starting the actual move planning but it feels a bit of a "chicken and egg" situation at the moment! Not sure where to start for the best!

We're using Visa Bureau. They've been incredible so far. My skills assessment was quite involved and they were brilliant at calming down my more panicky moments!!

We're also starting the actual move planning but it feels a bit of a "chicken and egg" situation at the moment! Not sure where to start for the best!

It does feel a bit like that. We are using The Emigration Group. We have been trying to emigrate for a few years now, they took my occupation off the skills list, then it was a revised last year and they have merged two occupations so I needed a different assessment. Even though I was successful in both. Then my assessment expired so we needed a re-issue. Finally we have been accepted by WA and it all seems to be going somewhere.

Are you going to be shipping everything out there? we are currently looking at containers, but its a bit of a minefield, with self packs, etc, we arent sure if its worth it. But then selling everything and buying new out there is also a big hassle. We just keep telling oureslves it will be worth it in the end.

UPDATE: WA Case Officer assigned today (8 business days since lodgment)

Are you going to be shipping everything out there? we are currently looking at containers, but its a bit of a minefield, with self packs, etc, we arent sure if its worth it. But then selling everything and buying new out there is also a big hassle. We just keep telling oureslves it will be worth it in the end.

Yes I think we're going to take everything. We recently had to replace our fridge freezer and washing machine. It was a very expensive weekend and used up some of the savings we were supposed to take with us, so they are definitely going!! I have also read several posts on here that having your stuff when you arrive can make it feel a bit more like home.

I am also swaying more towards the idea of paying someone to pack everything. It may be a bit more expensive but the way I see it, it's going to be stressful enough trying to orgainse me, OH and two cats!! :arghh:

Edited by Nikkis2000

Our SS was granted on 17 may we are waiting for the invite? Our agent had informed us it can take 2 weeks. So you just need to hang on a little longer. This will be nothing compared to the wait for the actual visa itself... Keep us posted on your progress and I will likewise.

Our SS was granted on 17 may we are waiting for the invite? Our agent had informed us it can take 2 weeks. So you just need to hang on a little longer. This will be nothing compared to the wait for the actual visa itself... Keep us posted on your progress and I will likewise.

That would be great, I will let you know if we hear anything. Your agent seems a bit more forthcoming with the information than ours so any updates would be great. Cheers.

That would be great, I will let you know if we hear anything. Your agent seems a bit more forthcoming with the information than ours so any updates would be great. Cheers.

Hi Just got the invite today, we received State sponsorship on the 20th, and got EOI invite today 23rd May, 3 days later!

Edited by Camogie
spelling mistake

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. There seemed to be a spate of approvals last Friday and it's about 10 days since we lodged the app which seems about average at the mo.

Or maybe I'm just getting desperate and grasping at straws. I'm dreading the long Wait for the actual visa, I think I might go a little crazy! :wacko:

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. There seemed to be a spate of approvals last Friday and it's about 10 days since we lodged the app which seems about average at the mo.

Or maybe I'm just getting desperate and grasping at straws. I'm dreading the long Wait for the actual visa, I think I might go a little crazy! :wacko:

Hey Nikkis, I sent the letter back within an hour so of getting SS, so maybe that is why we got invite for EOI in 3 days. If your using an agent it might be a little slower. And i'm onshore (not sure if this makes any difference). I Lodged visa last night.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm now on 18 days. At least I'm over half way through the 30 days they say it can take!

We are still waiting for SS too. Have been allocated a CO a couple of weeks ago. I seem to spend ages on here reading posts but not done anything about getting moving costs, etc. don't want to tempt fate. Nikki, how much have you been quoted to self pack / they pack? Is shipping costs included or does a different company do that bit?

Hi Angela,

We're still waiting. In a way it's encouranging that there is someone else on a very similar timeline in the same position, you feel that you're not alone! It gets quite disheartening sometimes coming on here and seeing everyone else having various SS and Visas approved. You are still really happy for them but then you think "where's mine, what's taking so long, they only took x days"!! It got to the point where I was going to take a break from coming on here but I realised it's my only way of getting a bit of an "Aussie fix"!

I am trying to stay positive and am telling myself that no news is good news, in that I'm sure if there were a problem with our app the CO would have contacted us by now. I'm sure when we look back in a few months time we'll laugh at how impatient we're being and that its only a month in the grand scheme of things!

We haven't really looked into shipping too much. We got a couple of ball park figures when we went to expos at the start of the year (around £4k for a 20ft container and they do everything door to door) but it wasn't down to the self pack/ they pack level. We are actually mainly concentrating on sorting out the cat shipping first believe it or not! As the process takes so long (there has to be six months between rabies shots and flights) we had to get started, otherwise they wouldn't be ready to go in January when we hopefully are.

We did make a start on de-cluttering last week though - The Garage is done....now for the loft! :swoon:

Hi Angela,

We're still waiting. In a way it's encouranging that there is someone else on a very similar timeline in the same position, you feel that you're not alone! It gets quite disheartening sometimes coming on here and seeing everyone else having various SS and Visas approved. You are still really happy for them but then you think "where's mine, what's taking so long, they only took x days"!! It got to the point where I was going to take a break from coming on here but I realised it's my only way of getting a bit of an "Aussie fix"!

I am trying to stay positive and am telling myself that no news is good news, in that I'm sure if there were a problem with our app the CO would have contacted us by now. I'm sure when we look back in a few months time we'll laugh at how impatient we're being and that its only a month in the grand scheme of things!

We haven't really looked into shipping too much. We got a couple of ball park figures when we went to expos at the start of the year (around £4k for a 20ft container and they do everything door to door) but it wasn't down to the self pack/ they pack level. We are actually mainly concentrating on sorting out the cat shipping first believe it or not! As the process takes so long (there has to be six months between rabies shots and flights) we had to get started, otherwise they wouldn't be ready to go in January when we hopefully are.

We did make a start on de-cluttering last week though - The Garage is done....now for the loft! :swoon:

nikki,

This is hilarious, we are doing exactly the same thing here. Been decluttering and have thought about calling the vet about the cat jabs! So tell me about these jabs, cost, timings, etc.

I have got myself a bit scared by the whole thing. A bit of cold feet, just nervous of the amount of up Hevel and that type of thing. I need my positive fix on here to keep me living the dream through others!