Medical

bakersdozen

1st - height, weight, asked to do urine sample.

2nd - wait for doc to ask you to undertake chest x ray.

3rd - called into main doctor. checks your eye sight, urine sample is then asked for and then checks over your body for joint movement etc....

4th - wait for another doc to take blood from you for HIV.

Your in and out and all done in 30 mins

The Meds are very straightforward and fairly routine and that is me saying that who is absolutely petrified of hospitals.

We were sent a few forms by DIAC to complete. Our hospital said not to complete anything, it will all be done by us. First of all we had a urine test. Drink plenty of mineral water, will help to maintain sugar levels and also, if like me, very nervous, will be easier to give a sample. They measure your height and weight and then a chat with the Doc. I had to undress, lie down under a blanket whilst he felt my abdomen, ankles and throat and then listened to my heart. OH had no examinations. Then we had x rays and blood tests. We were told by the Doc that the urine samples were fine.

Neither of us have a real medical history. I have a higher BMI than they would like, but Doc said as long as tests come back OK, there would be no reason for concern. Meds would be referred, but DIAC would not reject our application because of it.

In the UK they offer weekend appointments.

The Meds are very straightforward and fairly routine and that is me saying that who is absolutely petrified of hospitals.

We were sent a few forms by DIAC to complete. Our hospital said not to complete anything, it will all be done by us. First of all we had a urine test. Drink plenty of mineral water, will help to maintain sugar levels and also, if like me, very nervous, will be easier to give a sample. They measure your height and weight and then a chat with the Doc. I had to undress, lie down under a blanket whilst he felt my abdomen, ankles and throat and then listened to my heart. OH had no examinations. Then we had x rays and blood tests. We were told by the Doc that the urine samples were fine.

Neither of us have a real medical history. I have a higher BMI than they would like, but Doc said as long as tests come back OK, there would be no reason for concern. Meds would be referred, but DIAC would not reject our application because of it.

In the UK they offer weekend appointments.

Hi Candygirl,

Thank you for the guided tour, very helpful. So once they refer it, who gets it and what do they do about it? How long does it delay things? My husband is overweight but thankfully no diabetes etc. I'm hoping that his BMI won't go against us.

Did they ask about family history? Cancer, etc?

hello everyone there in the last post did I recognised that the overweight is a problem too is that so ? and than something else nobody talked about is when you are a smoker what will happened than I mean the xray anyone was in this situation jet ? any info about this by the medical would be great thanks kaz